Mudman's Little Brother???

Thread: Mudman's Little Brother???

Mudman's Little Brother???

This is Casio's Twin Resist TRT-101H. It's Mud and Water Resitant and has sealed button just like our Mudman. For a non-G it's very well armored. It features a 10yr battery, 5 alarms, CDT, chronograph and 5 time zones! It's a pretty cool little watch. Anyone else had one of these? I've never seen another like it besides mine.

It's always sunny in Boise!!

Re: Mudman's Little Brother???

Never seen one before. The convex display makes me feel kind of woozy...
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Nope not seen that one before, and I cant say it would be my cup of tea either.
    Real men don't need instructions.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Never seen one before. The convex display makes me feel kind of woozy...
    It's actually not convex at all. The LCD digits are actually shaped that way.

Quote Originally Posted by tseely View Post
    It's actually not convex at all. The LCD digits are actually shaped that way.
    Worse!
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

That is unusual. I could understand the crystal being convex if it were to magnify things. I wonder what the thinking was behind those digits. If the looks appeal to you though, it does have a good set of features, and looks pretty tough.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Lexxorcist View Post
    That is unusual. I could understand the crystal being convex if it were to magnify things. I wonder what the thinking was behind those digits. If the looks appeal to you though, it does have a good set of features, and looks pretty tough.
    The digits were obviously made that way for aesthetic reasons but the numbers are quite large and, therefore, easy to read.

It is also very tough and, apart from the lower water resistance, I would not hesitate to pit it against my other G-Shocks. You can tell that a lot of thought went into the design of the watch.

Obviously it's not everyones cup of tea but I like it. :thanks

If you ever need a replacement strap:

http://www.wristwatcher.com/componen...mid=1&vmcchk=1

Looks like the strap is integrated into the bezel-- maybe not pins or screws between the bezel and strap? Confirmation? Looks tough.

I bought the brown highlight color (yours is blue) as a gift for a friend some 4 or 5 years ago. I briefly held it in-hand, and thought the construction was quite robust. I would have liked it more had the digits been, shall I say, less stylish.

I'm really glad you've brought this baby-muddy to attention here. Nice catch. Enjoy!
    regards,
    James
    | GW-9010-1; Mudman Rally Timer; August 22, 2012 | GS-1150-1; Giez; 2011 | DW-9700NC-8T; Helly Hansen; Sept 20, 2010 | G-8000F-9DR; Sept 18, 2010 | GW-9200; Riseman; June 29, 09 | DW-1000: pre-G; orig 1982; refurb Sept, 06 | GL-150-8v; ~2001 | G-7000D-8v; ~2000 | G-5600J; RECOVER plagued | G-8000F-4DR; Feb 26, 2007 | Giez GS-1001-7ADR; Jan 3, 2008 | three data bank calculators | BG-148; ~2000 |

Thread Information