Mudmen

Thread: Mudmen

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    LUW

Question Mudmen

I have a 9010 Mudman that I bought in 2009, and it was supposed to be my "mountain bike watch". However, because of being not very comfortable on the wrist, and specially because of the awfully hard-to-press buttons, it's one of the watches I wear the least . No, I'm not skinny or arthritic, quite on the contrary, but those buttons are terribly hard to press. With gloves on they're basically impossible to press . The watch looks terrific, and has a FANTASTIC module, but it never got much wrist time in my rotations. I knew I could have boiled the bezel to make the buttons softer, but having so many other options to wear I ended up never getting around to do it. Today I got off my lazy butt, disassembled the watch and boiled the bezel for a full 5 minutes. And I learned two things:

1. Water boils here at 95,4º C (I'm at 940 m).
    2. The buttons ain't softer. Well, they are a bit softer, but still far from what I would deem comfortable .

Everybody raves about the 9300, and I'm even toying with the idea of getting one myself, but if the buttons are as hard to press as with my 9010, I won't go near that watch.
    What can you guys tell me about the 9300's buttons ?

PS: Will boiling it longer help?
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Re: Mudmen

9300's buttons are very easy to press

I bought a 9300 sight-unseen and without experience with the other Mudman watches. Without experience, the buttons are very very easy to press - Casio employed a soft rubber cover which feels good and doesn't impede actuation at all.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

LUW

Whoa, I'm happy to know that .
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Well Luciano, at least if/when you decide to sell your 9010 it'll be sterilized and not have any smell! ... LOL

Sorry couldn't resist!
    Have a great day, or night! ...

Pops

... ...

LUW

Well, I wore it so little that I don't think it had a stink.

Such a shame though, because the #3153 module is terrific! Maybe the best "time measuring" module I've ever seen.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Im expecting a 9300 I ordered to arrive tomorrow (Monday), seems like Royal Mail guaranteed Saturday delivery is not quite as accurate as I had hoped, I will give my impressions on the button stiffness then Luciano.
    Best regards

Dave.

Just to add; although I don't have a 9000 series Mudman, I find the 9300 buttons easier to press compared to the King's (both with Mud resistant designs of course)

I find the 9300 a very comfortable watch generally...can't fault it, except for a slightly loose metal strap keeper that likes to slide around a bit more than resin ones :)

Another confirmation - the 9300 buttons are relatively easy to press even though they're sealed, much much easier than the old 9000/9010 Mudman.

G9300 buttons are not only easier to press but larger too, better for operating with gloves on.
    Image not available

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information