Is the multiband function watch OK to use in other countries like Malaysia?

Thread: Is the multiband function watch OK to use in other countries like Malaysia?

Is the multiband function watch OK to use in other countries like Malaysia?

Hi there....sort of newbie here for G-Shock watches...owned once when i was a teenager though.....

very interested on GW-6900BC-1JF especially the negative display & the band...

My concern is the Multiband or Radio control time function as it's only can be use in 5/6 countries excluding M'sia

my fren was told that the radio frequency in my country might interfere with the multiband function causing time to react with the frequency interference (which might be giving wrong time adjustment to the watch)

Anyone could able to answer by question ?

Thanks

Re: Is the multiband function watch OK to use in other countries like Malaysia?

Yes, you can use a Multiband atomic watch. You may not receive time signals if you're out of range.
    EDIT: Its possible that radio in your country will interfere but very unlikely. In any case, see solution 1 below.

There are a couple of solutions though:

1. All the Multiband atomic Casios that I've seen have a function to switch the reception off.

2. There are usually slightly cheaper non-atomic models. For example the G-6900 is the non-atomic version of the GW-6900.

Hi JokerNJ,
    Thanks for the information..

Quote Originally Posted by JokerNJ View Post
    Yes, you can use a Multiband atomic watch. You may not receive time signals if you're out of range.
    EDIT: Its possible that radio in your country will interfere but very unlikely. In any case, see solution 1 below.

There are a couple of solutions though:

1. All the Multiband atomic Casios that I've seen have a function to switch the reception off.

2. There are usually slightly cheaper non-atomic models. For example the G-6900 is the non-atomic version of the GW-6900.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Moved to main forum.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Welcome to the forum!

Cheers,
    MountainMike