Mutiband 7
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Mutiband 7

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mutiband 7

For those out of MB6 range. Get the free app WWVB emulator. I was able to sync 3 at the same time.

Name:  20190603_140124.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  2.59 MB

Name:  20190603_140152.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  1.76 MB

Attachment 14203571

Re: Mutiband 7

Interesting. I have the Clock Wave app on my iPhone (no android version apparently) to use with my JDM Citizen that only syncs w/the Japanese signal. Clock Wave lets you pick which signal it simulates. For whatever reason, with my Citizen I have to go into the apps settings and manually set the time zone to UTC+09, which is the japanese time zone. Clock Wave isn't free, but it's only ~$1.99.

"But this one goes up to 11!"
    zack20cb and Rocat like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I’m well inside a MB6 tower range but it’s comforting to know there are emulators out there. I’ve seen one on action and was well impressed.

I have a free wwvb (and JJY) emulator on my android phone, both free

Mutiband 7

Quote Originally Posted by dgaddis View Post
    Interesting. I have the Clock Wave app on my iPhone (no android version apparently) to use with my JDM Citizen that only syncs w/the Japanese signal. Clock Wave lets you pick which signal it simulates. For whatever reason, with my Citizen I have to go into the apps settings and manually set the time zone to UTC+09, which is the japanese time zone. Clock Wave isn't free, but it's only ~$1.99.
    I always set clock wave to be automatic in which tower to simulate and it syncs with Fort Collins tower no problem.

Could it be your Citizen? What model is that? I know some Citizen JDM models (such as Promaster PMD56) only receive Japan signal, so they are not multi band, more like single band.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric.S View Post
    I always set clock wave to be automatic in which tower to simulate and it syncs with Fort Collins tower no problem.

Could it be your Citizen? What model is that? I know some Citizen JDM models (such as Promaster PMD56) only receive Japan signal, so they are not multi band, more like single band.
    Yep, that's what I said, mine only syncs w/the Japanese signal. It is the PMD56 too!

If I set Clock Wave to the Japanese signal, but leave the timezone to "auto detect" it sets my watch 13hrs fast. To get the correct time, on my watch, I have to set the app to UTC+09.

The JJY app doesn't seem to work for me, at least now with my Citizen. My G Shock picks up the Ft. Collins signal on it's own, no need for the app.
    Eric.S likes this.

Hi Dan

thanks for the post. There are several WWVB emulators on Android store, which one (for instance, which author) did you use?

"Mokyuu"
    gee_im_shocked likes this.

Just a note, Mokyuu's WWVB emulator syncs to the phone time, not atomic time. But you can use the ClockSync app to sync the phone to atomic with root, or use it to set the phone time manually without root.
    Dan GSR likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information