My 1545 module is mute (Ocean Gray)

Thread: My 1545 module is mute (Ocean Gray)

My 1545 module is mute (Ocean Gray)

Can't figure out what's going on here....(this is a new to me watch, purchased from the sales forum) when modes are being toggled through there is no longer a beep when changing from time to alarm, tmr, chrono etc... the alarm and timers are muted as well. The back-light is strong and flashes normally with alarm and timer so I don't think it's a battery issue.

The really strange thing is that this started shortly after I switched strap and bezels, just now I set a 5 sec timer and it beeped after 5 secs. Ran it again and nothing, so it appears to be intermittent.

Any ideas? I don't think I can replace the module since it's an Ocean Grey or can I?

Update; the countdown timer beeps 2 out of 3 times still no alarm or toggle beeps
    Last edited by wristrested; August 13th, 2010 at 19:39.
    Matt

Fortaleza, Brazil. "The land of the sun" 30C /86F , all year long...

Re: My 1545 module is mute (Ocean Gray)

Quote Originally Posted by wristrested View Post
    Can't figure out what's going on here....(this is a new to me watch, purchased from the sales forum) when modes are being toggled through there is no longer a beep when changing from time to alarm, tmr, chrono etc... the alarm and timers are muted as well. The back-light is strong and flashes normally with alarm and timer so I don't think it's a battery issue.

The really strange thing is that this started shortly after I switched strap and bezels, just now I set a 5 sec timer and it beeped after 5 secs. Ran it again and nothing, so it appears to be intermittent.

Any ideas? I don't think I can replace the module since it's an Ocean Grey or can I?

Update; the countdown timer beeps 2 out of 3 times still no alarm or toggle beeps
    Inside the watch there's a spring that is resposible for making those sounds.. it's either broken or misplaced..

Banned
    Brokeback Mountain, The Balkans, N. Korea, NY, The Middle East.....all the nice places on earth

I had a DW5000SL Spike Lee that was defective that didn't beep either. I sent it back to Thailand.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dimitribouras View Post
    I had a DW5000SL Spike Lee that was defective that didn't beep either. I sent it back to Thailand.

Was it intermittent or no beepin' at all?

It seems to be OK with countdown tmr sometimes, but that's it.
    Matt

Banned
    Brokeback Mountain, The Balkans, N. Korea, NY, The Middle East.....all the nice places on earth

Quote Originally Posted by wristrested View Post
    Was it intermittent or no beepin' at all?

It seems to be OK with countdown tmr sometimes, but that's it.
    Mine didn't beep at all when I went thru all the modes. Also, the alarm didn't beep either. The only thing that worked when the alarm went off was the LED flash. I think that either the spring that's inside the module which sticks out and touches the inside of the screw back bezel was either missing, not in place correctly or crooked.

Thread Information