My 1st Casio G-Shock GW-M5600BC
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: My 1st Casio G-Shock GW-M5600BC

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My 1st Casio G-Shock GW-M5600BC

Hello folks, Although I have been tinkering with watches for some time now, mainly mechanical analog timepieces. I have never really been intrigued with LCD watches, so you can say I am very green in this area. In this buy/sell/trade watch world that we are in, I've had several G-Shocks come my way but never pulled the trigger until yesterday. The first thing that stood out on this watch was the plastic(resin) and metal bracelet. Secondly, there was just something about the face(dial) that was captivating and lastly the price, I purchased it for $30. After reading about this online, I learned a few things, its discontinued (replaced with GW-5610), solar, atomic, reverse LCD, etc. So is this a rare watch? How much is its current market value? Thanks.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Re: My 1st Casio G-Shock GW-M5600BC

I think the bracelet alone is worth more than what you paid for And is highly sought after. Nice find!

Only 30, that's a great deal, i have two watches on that bracelet and its the most confortable that i have, congrats neat piece mate!
    Its kind Hard to see one speacialy in that condition, and i think current market that one worths everiday around 80 to 120$ depending if it has box and papers!

Enviado do meu Passport através de Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yep - I like the bracelet, too. And the reverse display. Good buy.

Hello folks, Although I have been tinkering with watches for some time now, mainly mechanical analog timepieces. I have never really been intrigued with LCD watches, so you can say I am very green in this area. In this buy/sell/trade watch world that we are in, I've had several G-Shocks come my way but never pulled the trigger until yesterday. The first thing that stood out on this watch was the plastic(resin) and metal bracelet. Secondly, there was just something about the face(dial) that was captivating and lastly the price, I purchased it for $30. After reading about this online, I learned a few things, its discontinued (replaced with GW-5610), solar, atomic, reverse LCD, etc. So is this a rare watch? How much is its current market value? Thanks.

That's an even better deal than my £25 M5610 find the other day. I originally had the glossy black minimal dial writing version of your watch but with a regular strap. It was £104 on Amazon.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/fou...y-2853346.html

Great find - you may find legibility of the display a bit tricky when not in a well-lit room or outside, but there is always auto-el.
    Last edited by Dreamnine; February 6th, 2016 at 16:31. Reason: typos

Congrats!
    If you don't think every day is a good day, just try missing one. ~Cavett Robert

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

Quote Originally Posted by Knives and Lint View Post
    Nice pickup! The bracelet looks to be in good condition, and that part alone sells for $80-$100 new
    Agreed. That bracelet new is about $100 from parts resellers, and occasionally you can get it for less when there's a site sale. $30 for a GW-M5600BC? Steal. SUPER steal. That's cheaper than a full retail price of a DW-5600E!

Are you going to keep it or resell? Sounds like from your question that you're exploring the possibility of flipping...
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Quote Originally Posted by xevious View Post
    Agreed. That bracelet new is about $100 from parts resellers, and occasionally you can get it for less when there's a site sale. $30 for a GW-M5600BC? Steal. SUPER steal. That's cheaper than a full retail price of a DW-5600E!

Are you going to keep it or resell? Sounds like from your question that you're exploring the possibility of flipping...
    Prices seem to be all over the place on G-Shocks. I would not know where to even begin with the price.

Nice watch!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information