My 1st Casio IDed!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Watch_Geekmaster

Thread: My 1st Casio IDed!

Cool My 1st Casio IDed!

Although I remembered I was an AnaDigi man from day 1, things faded in my memory lane of what exact models of the watches I had during my youth. One watch was used predominately throughout my youth. It wasn't the first, because the first, likely a Timex, was stolen in school shortly after I bought it. I was the kind of guy that would buy 1 watch and use it 'til it's disintegrated. So these old watches were all discarded, and no longer with me. The only thing left, which I found recently in a box, was an unused resin watch band with the marking CA-20MS. That's clearly a replacement watch band I bought for a Casio. It wasn't the type of band you find in a G-shock, it's thin and can be easily worn out in years of use. I do have some recollection of changing the band couple of times for watch I wore for years.

Out of curiosity I was looking back to some of my old photos, I was able to see a watch with the same band in many photos. But identifying the watch dial was not an easy task, since I wasn't exactly posting for WRUW here, you know. One photo out of many, the watch dial was partially visible. I scanned it, digitally enhanced it and magnified it. I was able to see some of the features on the watch. Two things clearly, there were 3 hands and 12 green time markers. Next I looked through archives of pictures and manuals for older Casio watches. Thanks to some of the pictures right here in WUS, too. One watch pops out in all, and has matching features.

Long and behold, here's the first Casio watch I had ever owned (the second watch I purchased for myself), the AQ-100W (module 358). CASIO QW-358 user manual - User manual
    I found a picture in WUS that clearly identifies it. https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/par...ml#post4536664 But the pic below shows the band as well. Note that the analog window was not visible in my enhance photo, but one I know it was an analog/digital and two notice how the bottom 3 dots/markers are in a straight line.

Name:  MyAQ100W.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  93.4 KBName:  AQ100.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  107.9 KB
    nigelw likes this.

Re: My 1st Casio IDed!

Recap what I said in another thread, which happened to be in the Affordable Watches forum (really should belong here in G-Shock forum or Digital/ABC watch forum). https://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/rec...l#post10430730

"I, too, am looking for this watch [WVA320] to pay homage to my first Casio watch, the AQ-100W (see below). It's nowhere to be found, not Amazon and not even eBay! At least true here in U.S.

One thing disappointed for Casio AnaDigi's nowadays is that they universally lack LUME! Same thing for AMW320 series. Same thing for most analog/digital in G-shock line as well. The WVA320 is no exception either, according to the video below (skip to 4:22 for the lume shot). Only the hour and minute hands have strong lume, the markers despite their size and the deceiving green paint, are not bright at all. They're not even visible in the video.

I hate setting the date/day window every month for a standard quartz analog or automatics, that's why I prefer analog / digitals. But it's such a turn off to see a great watch like that with only childish amount of lume. It's only pushing people to the modding option, because that's the only way around it. But not everyone has the skill and time for disassembling their watch, re-lume it and put it back together.

Ironically, the AQ-100W which I got in the 90s had great lume! I don't know what's with Casio for their "Lume Department" these days... Is it too much environmental cost for some good lume, may be? Please bring back some better Lume, Casio!"
    Last edited by watch_geek2014; December 4th, 2014 at 21:51.

Quote Originally Posted by watch_geek2014 View Post
    the AQ-100W (see below). It's nowhere to be found, not Amazon and not even eBay!
    Every now and then one should pop up on eBay. You must not search for 'AQ-100W'. Owners usually don't know the type codes. They sell old Casios with depleted batteries.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomACE View Post
    Every now and then one should pop up on eBay. You must not search for 'AQ-100W'. Owners usually don't know the type codes. They sell old Casios with depleted batteries.
    Read the whole sentence, I was looking for the WVA320, not the AQ-100W. The WVA320 is a recent product, but somehow nowhere to be found for purchase.

Thread Information