My 1st hydo mod DW-6000 (radio shack micronta)
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By REDLINEVUE
  • 1 Post By Rocat

Thread: My 1st hydo mod DW-6000 (radio shack micronta)

My 1st hydo mod DW-6000 (radio shack micronta)

So after seeing all the other posts about "hydro mods" I figured that I would try my hand at doing one. I decided for my 1st attempt to use an old DW-6000 which was fogging around the inside - I tried many times to clean it but It only looked good when wet so I figured why not keep it submerged :)

1st step was to build an aluminum tray to use minimal amount of oil so I could heat it up and still be able to insert the module....

Once heated (I chose 110 degrees fahrenheit), I reassembled the watch and luckily got what I consider to be a good result on my 1st try.

All buttons work, light works and you can hear the alarm remarkably well.... now to decided which watch is next :)
    raze and G-fob like this.

Re: My 1st hydo mod DW-6000 (radio shack micronta)

I never thought about the alarm loudness. I was going to make some educated mumbo-jumbo comment on sound levels in liquid vs air. But the research gave me a headache. So no comment. LOL
    brvheart likes this.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

Re: My 1st hydo mod DW-6000 (radio shack micronta)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocat View Post
    I never thought about the alarm loudness. I was going to make some educated mumbo-jumbo comment on sound levels in liquid vs air. But the research gave me a headache. So no comment. LOL
    LMAO Ro! Sound through thick sealed liquid is like stuffing a pillow of the Mrs face when she starts yelling about buying another G...not that I would do that....but you know had to relate it to something....erm.....yeah so anyways - consider it like a muffler.

Quote Originally Posted by brvheart
    No I am not OCD....I am CDO - that is OCD in the proper order

Thread Information