My 2 Old School Baby G's Arrived!

Thread: My 2 Old School Baby G's Arrived!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My 2 Old School Baby G's Arrived!

Been lurking on the forums for a while so here's my 1st long post!

The 2 Dw 520's that i got from Turbobb a.k.a. Tim have arrived! This is the fastest shipping from the States to Singapore that i've had. 1 week from send out to my door! Thanks Tim!

I don't know why but when i opened the package i noticed a nice smell to the interior of the box, packaging and the watch. Not sure if this was intentional but it was a pleasant surprise. Oh & i noticed that the watch straps were bluish-purple. Nice! I don't know if they are old and have faded in that manner but its a nice colour.

One cool touch that Tim did ? He adjusted the watches to Singapore time. I was about to do it then i realized he had already done it for me. I guess so that i could wear them straight out of the box. :thanks

Its old enough i guess that i could not find an online manual for the watch. Thankfully its simple enough to figure out. Only downside for this watch is no EL. But hey i like it a lot.

As promised to Tim, here's a couple pics of repainting the bezel i did for the watch that was used in his retrobrite experiment
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=242334.

So here's some pics of the watches and a some pictures of the repainting.

Basically all you need to do is get yourself some nail polish(any colour works, i chose white to match the other watch), some cotton wipes and nail varnish.

Thanks to robocopu for this thread that that helped me figure out how to repaint the bezel.
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=68211

Picture 1 Watches unpacked.
    Picture 2 The paint stripped bezel
    Picture 3 In the process of repainting. Used various items to make a temp watch stand
    Picture 4 Done & Clear Coated too! Clear coat's not visible but its on there.
    Picture 5 Size comparison on my wrist with a G9000.

Hope you enjoy my post! Still unsure how to do the pics then writing underneath that i see in so many threads. Can someone shed some info?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: My 2 Old School Baby G's Arrived!

Hi frznmunky, really glad to hear that the watches arrived safely. The re-lettering came out very well! I'm glad they found a new home with a die hard collector. Congrats and wear them in good health!

EDIT: lol re: smell. No, I don't add fragrance to watches before I ship them so that wasn't intentional but I had intentionally set the time to SG, although sometimes I suppose, setting it is part of the fun with familiarizing yourself with the watch. Not sure you'll be able to find a manual for that one but maybe someone on this forum can help with a PDF version.

P.S. As for embedding pics in your post, you'll need one of those free pic hosting services (like flickr or photobucket). Upload your pics then find out the URL to them and then click on the "Insert Image" icon and copy/paste the URL to your hosted pics.
    Last edited by turboBB; August 22nd, 2009 at 18:31.

Hmm.. Maybe the smell was something around the area you packed it in? Anyway i have no problems with that. Just noticed it when i was taking it out of the box.

I'm no die hard fan. Just a guy who got hooked after being here on the forums for awhile and now starting to look out for old school watches.

The watch is simple to use and figure out. It's just nice to know that a manual does exist. A pro with older models. they don't come equipped with too much that it gets complicated. Simplicity of the older watches is what i like. Only con, is no EL. Maybe its so simple there is no need for a manual?

Thanks for the tip with the posting. Will give it a try on my next post.

Will wear the watches in good faith.

Quote Originally Posted by turboBB View Post
    Hi frznmunky, really glad to hear that the watches arrived safely. The re-lettering came out very well! I'm glad they found a new home with a die hard collector. Congrats and wear them in good health!

EDIT: lol re: smell. No, I don't add fragrance to watches before I ship them so that wasn't intentional but I had intentionally set the time to SG, although sometimes I suppose, setting it is part of the fun with familiarizing yourself with the watch. Not sure you'll be able to find a manual for that one but maybe someone on this forum can help with a PDF version.

P.S. As for embedding pics in your post, you'll need one of those free pic hosting services (like flickr or photobucket). Upload your pics then find out the URL to them and then click on the "Insert Image" icon and copy/paste the URL to your hosted pics.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Nice watch and congrats on the catch.

Congrats and enjoy!

thank you for this post! i had a gigantic burr in my saddle for these early baby gs. cute! fun! and yours look like they have a lot of wear left to give. it wasn't until casiophile shed some light that i knew the early baby g's didn't all have the 'bg-xxx' model. i just looked at turbo's fs post again and am kicking myself for not finding it earlier. it wouldn't surprise me if this become a very desireable model in a few years.

by the way, sjors has a howto on using photobucket in the forums here. you can also use the built-in album feature on wus for hosting pictures.

thanks and regards.
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

My advice to find old school hard to find stuff? Camp out @ the sales forums here. You'd be surprised what a lot of boredom, digging around and emailing can turn up. Sometimes the thread dies off without the watch being sold. That's what i found out through trial and error.

It's pretty tiny watch for me considering my wrist size. So i do have trouble adjusting to that.

Glade you enjoyed the post & thanks for the tip for posting!

Quote Originally Posted by a-Tom-ic View Post
    thank you for this post! i had a gigantic burr in my saddle for these early baby gs. cute! fun! and yours look like they have a lot of wear left to give. it wasn't until casiophile shed some light that i knew the early baby g's didn't all have the 'bg-xxx' model. i just looked at turbo's fs post again and am kicking myself for not finding it earlier. it wouldn't surprise me if this become a very desireable model in a few years.

by the way, sjors has a howto on using photobucket in the forums here. you can also use the built-in album feature on wus for hosting pictures.

thanks and regards.

great catch !!! its smaller compared to the mud but sure its a classic.
    nice one, brah !!!
    "My watch buying policy reaches up to $29.99. PM me if interested" - Vintage

Those are nice vintage Baby-Gs Frznmunky!
    I think I've a couple of those, one in pink the other in blue, that I intend to restore and pass on to my wife.
    Do you have full-size Gs as well or do you only wear Baby-Gs?
    Rgds,
    Lee

sllee, i usually wear full sized G's. This is my 1st foray into baby G's. Any tips for where to find more in Singapore?

For me i still find it a little small cos i got huge wrist & i'm not used to it yet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information