My 6900 Stealth Mission

Thread: My 6900 Stealth Mission

My 6900 Stealth Mission

Hi Guys!!

Im fairly new to the forum and am about to embark on my first gshock mod adventure. Inspired by the stealth original by Buzzbait i've been scowling the net for a 6900MC-7 to stealth out! However, as everyone has seemed to have had this idea 2 years ago they are in short supply.

What i wanted to achieve:
    1) Stealth
    2) Atomic solar
    3) Neg display

I prefer the plain button that is seen on the 6900mc models to the standard large 'G' button.

I just managed to track down a DW6900mc-3 (green and yellow camo) from the bay and am hoping to swop modules, bracelet and bezel with a 6900bc that i have. A lot of work just to get a plain button? lol

I'm also considering buying a 6900ms bezel from tiktox for a more stealth finish, is there a difference between the 6900ms bezel and the Buzzbait goof off mod? Trying to avoid the goof off route as they dont sell it in my neck of the woods. From photos that i've seen of the 6900ms the bezel seems to be all black?

I'll post photos once i recieve everything!! and any advice would be much appreciated

Gary
    Last edited by Hakkajai; September 28th, 2010 at 21:11.

Re: My 6900 Stealth Mission

I'm not sure if the DW-6900MS has black paint in the letters, but even if it has it would be just fine.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

mmm im gonna see what it looks like with the normal gw6900bc bezel first i think b4 i order the 6900ms bezel!!! hopefully i'll get it tomoro morning!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Can you switch full auto EL off on the atomic solar modules? Else it will destroy your stealth abilities ;)
    -=JohnnyBlazE=-

hahah!! i'll look into it!!!

Ok so I had to learn the hard way that stealthing isn't so easy lol.

Unfortunalty the gw6900 and dw6900 r slightly different in size and design so the light buttons are not interchangeable. I figured that out after dismantling both and losing the circclips 4 times lol!
    All part of the fun though.
    Also the bezels are not same size so putting a 6900ms bezel on isn't an option.

I decided to take the plunge and goof off the 6900bc bezel with the evo stick uk equiv. Another hit here! The evo stick worked on the large gshock lettering but the smaller text was untouched.

I might have an attempt at removing the gold G paint...

Anyways I will post the results once I finish!

Thread Information