Is my black Rangeman defective?
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Is my black Rangeman defective?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is my black Rangeman defective?

Hello Rangeman Gurus,

I have a black Rangeman. The digits of the watch looks fine during the day time (in good lightning), but the problem appear when I look at the watch in low lightning, or when its Auto Light works. The digits and numbers appear hazy and not sharp or solid. Also the marker that shows the battery Strength (H-M-L) Appears very hazy and not sharp at all lightning conditions. Is it that normal? or I have a defective watch? Cause I never notice that haziness in my Olive Green Rangeman, as the digits appear sharp and solid all the times.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Is my black Rangeman defective?

Sorry for the tilted images. I couldn't get to upload them the correct way no matter how much I tried to rotate them. But you get the idea! Thanks

You might be looking from the wrong angle. Do you wear right?

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I check my LY. I have to look extreme from above to let the digits become faint/ disappear.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Sjors View Post
    I check my LY. I have to look extreme from above to let the digits become faint/ disappear.

Cheers,

Sjors

Thanks for the reply. yes I do wear the watch in my right wrist. But I see the faint/haziness almost from a direct angle. You can tell just by looking at the pictures as they were taken from a direct angle and still showed that faint/haze...See my problem is not that the digits disappear, its merely that the digits are not solid or sharp as they suppose to be and looking hazy instead.

Thanks!
    Last edited by magicdracula; March 2nd, 2014 at 14:31.

What's the white glow just below the 2? seems to be overwhelming the digits?
    Time exists but just on your wrist so don't panic....

Military Watches Collection reviews here

The white glow is the LED and the picture is slightly overexposed so it appears brighter than it actually is. The fading digits when looking straight on or from the right is normal. The contrast is best when looking at the display from a slight angle while wearing it on the left wrist. It's simply the way they're designed. So far I never came across an LCD in any digital watch that had a perfect contrast from every possible angle. So Casio chose to give it the best contrast when worn on the left wrist like probably 80% of the owners wear it.

Cheers, Sedi
    pepperami likes this.

It looks like the LED is too bright. On mine you can see a bright circle of light where the LED is positioned but it is small and isolated to the edge of the screen, the light that it projects across the display looks even and causes no issues with readability.

It is probably normal. Photos can be deceiving (not saying the OP is trying to deceive). The led is not perfectly uniform like an EL panel. That is normal. And the look of the digits is supposed to be crisper or blurrier depending on the angle
    Last edited by kung-fusion; March 2nd, 2014 at 15:27.

Ops sorry I got confused. I meant I wear my watch on my LEFT wrist and not the right one. Actually the light diode on the left side (under 2) is very strong which I'm not sure if normal or not or if it's what's causing the problem. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information