My collection so far.

Thread: My collection so far.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My collection so far.

Since I've been spending a lot more time here these last couple of months I thought it would only be fair to share my collection with everyone else. Nothing fancy and nothing too exotic but I think I've got my bases covered. Hope you enjoy!

It's always sunny in Boise!!

Re: My collection so far.

Pretty cool collection tseely congratulations

I see a couple of Vostoks there. I have the submarine commander; paratrooper and an amphibia with the 'admiral' (I think) dial. Mine are all new ones, are yours the older, more collectible ones? I also have a black Monster, and I found a card from the postman this morning which I hope is to pick up the SS bracelet for it.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Lexxorcist View Post
    I see a couple of Vostoks there. I have the submarine commander; paratrooper and an amphibia with the 'admiral' (I think) dial. Mine are all new ones, are yours the older, more collectible ones? I also have a black Monster, and I found a card from the postman this morning which I hope is to pick up the SS bracelet for it.

Yeah the Vostoks are cool. The gold one is a "Generalskie" and the other is the Amphibia with the KGB logo on it. I'm not sure how old they are but the Generalskie is definitely older. Also, the Black Monster is a classic, I'm so glad I got the one with the SS bracelet. I've heard that just to buy the bracelet seperately is quite expensive and I initially wanted it with the rubber strap. Thanks for the comments!

Quote Originally Posted by lockwood1 View Post
    Pretty cool collection tseely congratulations
    Thanks! I'm proud of it.

Very nice collection, thanks for sharing. Nice to see you have some Seiko's in the mix!
    "Well done is better than well said." - - Benjamin Franklin

Modest Collection:

G's, GA-110C-7A (my white G for summer), GW-5525A, GW-5600J, GW-500A
    Seiko's, Kinetic (SKA259), Chrono (SNA304), & (3) Seiko 5 Automatics
    Casio (non-G), AQ-47 (My oldest, living watch)
    Timex, Expedition, Ironman

Next Watch...Mudman???

Quote Originally Posted by tseely View Post
    I'm so glad I got the one with the SS bracelet. I've heard that just to buy the bracelet seperately is quite expensive and I initially wanted it with the rubber strap. Thanks for the comments!
    You made the right choice. It took me a while to find a SS bracelet at a decent price, and it's taking forever to arrive. It's been returned once as I wasn't in to sign for it and no card was left by the postman. I thought it was here this morning but it turned out to be my Referee Timer.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Clearview60 View Post
    Very nice collection, thanks for sharing. Nice to see you have some Seiko's in the mix!
    Absolutely!! G-Shock and Seiko are my two favorite watch brands. I've never owned a bad Seiko. They're awesome!

Wink Re: My collection so far.

Quote Originally Posted by tseely View Post
    Yeah the Vostoks are cool. The gold one is a "Generalskie" and the other is the Amphibia with the KGB logo on it. I'm not sure how old they are but the Generalskie is definitely older. Also, the Black Monster is a classic, I'm so glad I got the one with the SS bracelet.
    Hi Tseely,

A very nice colection you already have so far. Actually you have given answer to the other than G's in your case that look very interesting. I was wondering what the KGB logo was. The Vostok's and Monster are indeed very nice.

Cheers,

Sjors

There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Sjors View Post

Hi Tseely,

A very nice colection you already have so far. Actually you have given answer to the other than G's in your case that look very interesting. I was wondering what the KGB logo was. The Vostok's and Monster are indeed very nice.

Cheers,

Sjors
    Thanks Sjors! Yeah, the Vostoks are pretty uncommon here in Idaho. I've never seen another and especially one with a KGB logo on it. I probably would have gotten in trouble if I'd worn this watch in the 50's or 60's what with the Red Scare and Cold War taking place. Luckily things are a little more open these days.

As far as the Monster goes, in my opinion, it's kinda like owning a DW-6900 or DW-5600 for a G-Shock collector. Your Seiko Collection is not complete with out some version of the Monster in your possession. Just my opinion, though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information