My collection of Squares -- how did this happen???
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: My collection of Squares -- how did this happen???

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Wink My collection of Squares -- how did this happen???

For a guy who used to turn a blind eye to the squares, never considered getting one for a very long time, never had any interest in them........how did I now end up with 6 of them???!

I guess it began with photos of the 5030C from a member we haven't seen around for awhile -- Iyonk. I was kind of transfixed by the photos of his 5030C, it was so....clean looking and well layed out, with a nice color palette.

But everyone said the GW-5000 was the grail of squares, so that became my first one. I appreciated the soft supple strap, the clean looking dial, and the DLC screw back. Then not long after that, I ended up getting the GSET 30 as well. Then more recently, as I'm normally drawn to the solar/atomic models in general, I picked up a GW-M5610TR (the white tri-color model) that I really like with its slightly blue-tinted dial, and then not too much later, a GW-M5610R, which I was drawn to for black/orange colors.

Then as recently as a couple months ago, as I hadn't worn my GW-5000 for awhile and was thinning my collection a bit, for a time I had it on the chopping block to be sold. I've since changed my mind...

And then not long ago, I spied a DW-5030C on Amazon, but the price was more than I wanted to pay. Then suddenly one day, its price dropped by $80. Combined with some Amazon reward points I had, I ended up getting the 5030C at not too bad of a price, considering its more limited status as a 30th anniversary model and its limited availability outside of possibly Japan auctions.

So here we are, and now I have 6 of them! (and this doesn't count the 3 Kings I have) Figured it was about time for a group shot!!

One last warning -- if you don't consider yourself a 'square' guy, don't look at these photos too much...or you may be taken in by the Square Spell too and suddenly find yourself ordering one (or more)!! Yes, it could happen to you, too!

And I don't see myself selling any of these either -- there is something special about each one of them!

Here we have the GW-M5610R, the GW-5000, and the GW-M5610TR:

Then we have the 30th anniversary models, the DW-5030, the DW-5030C, and the DW-5030D:

Last edited by Time4Playnow; July 26th, 2015 at 23:07.
    Shaggy2002, idkfa, G-fob and 33 others like this.

Re: My collection of Squares -- how did this happen???

Tis a sickness only Gshock fans can have.
    Time4Playnow and ZombieMonkey like this.
    Suunto Core Sahara | Suunto Vector HR | Seiko SCC017 Solar Diver | Casio GW5000 (sold) | Casio Pathfinder PRW3000 (sold) | Suunto Elementum Terra (sold) | Ocean7 LM7 SS (sold) | Citizen Aqualand Classic II (sold) | Seiko 6309-7040 (sold) | Seiko 6105-8110 (sold) | Casio PAW-1500T (sold) | G-shock GW6900 (sold) |

Very nice collection T4P. Thanks for taking the time. I'm sure it won't stop there.
    Time4Playnow likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Nice watches and a nice write up. But with 6 you are still just a Square Rookie. lol.

You still need a few more. ;)
    sticktodrum and Time4Playnow like this.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

Aw hell yeah! Now that's what I'm talking about!
    Rocat and Time4Playnow like this.
    G-Shocks:
    DW-5000-1JF (w/ 5030 display) <-Daily Wearer
    GW-5000-1JF |DW-5600E | DW-5000-1JF (x2) <-Ya know...for backup...
    DW-5030 | DW-5000SL (x2) | DW-6900...something.

Got Square!?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocat View Post
    Nice watches and a nice write up. But with 6 you are still just a Square Rookie. lol.

You still need a few more. ;)
    Get a couple of vintage squares in there and then you'll be good to go.
    Time4Playnow likes this.

I know how you feel, OP. These squares just seem to multiply. Although I don't have them listed, I think I have eight squares lying around.

Great pics, by the way. I especially like that white one, a model of which I haven't seen before. I'm slightly tempted, but I just blew a lot of dough on another watch *sigh*.
    Pachoe, sticktodrum, Rocat and 4 others like this.
    Just your average Japanese watch fan: Casio, Citizen, Seiko

View my collection **here**

View my feedback by clicking **here**

Your friendly neighborhood enabler,

Otto

My collection of Squares -- how did this happen???

Great post Time4Playnow No danger for me but definitely understand your excitement. They are looking really cool; love the group shot. Once the bug has caught you it's absolutely possible that you will end up with 10, 15 or even more squares. Just the opposite to my collection Enjoy and have great fun

Sent from my iPhone 6+
    Last edited by Deepsea_dweller; July 27th, 2015 at 02:29.
    Time4Playnow likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottovonn View Post
    I know how you feel, OP. These squares just seem to multiply. Although I don't have them listed, I think I have eight squares lying around.

Great pics, by the way. I especially like that white one, a model of which I haven't seen before. I'm slightly tempted, but I just blew a lot of dough on another watch *sigh*.
    LOL Let me see if I can tempt you a little more...

In all honesty I think this white one looks fantastic in person! I very much like the tri-colors done on it!! Here are a couple of better pics of that one.. And btw, it's not all that expensive, either.

Last edited by Time4Playnow; July 27th, 2015 at 03:07.
    Ottovonn and Chrisek like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Deepsea_dweller View Post
    Great post Time4Playnow No danger for me but definitely understand your excitement. They are looking really cool; love the group shot. Once the bug has caught you it's absolutely possible that you will end up with 10, 15 or even more squares. Just the opposite to my collection Enjoy and have great fun

Sent from my iPhone 6+
    LOL I had to laugh when you said "No danger for me" and "Just the opposite to my collection." Because guess what? At one time that's exactly how I felt!! In fact, I think I actually wrote in a post somewhere on this forum a couple-three years back that "you know what" would freeze over before I'd buy a square! Well, it looks like "you know what" has frozen over!! LOL

I'm telling you, DSD, this Square Spell sneaks up on you... you don't even see it coming, and all of a sudden, you find yourself ordering one! (and then another......and another...) hehehehe So, never say never! I know you are a big fan of Frogs, and I like them too -- along with the Rangeman, Gulfmaster, and the GPWs, etc etc. But it just goes to show, there is room in a collection for ALL types of Gs.

Thanks for your comments. You may well be right - I may end up with twice this amount one day!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information