So my first 5600 arrived today.
It's compact, light-weight, excellent built quality, very discret and really feels "military".
It came in a small hexagon black metal case, the case is much smaller than my Riseman's case, with tag, baggie... everything is fine.
Despite the fact that the watch came from the US, it actually shows Tokyo time, maybe it was factory setting as it's not an atomic G.
- Classic 5600 family look.
- Small / compact size, can be easily hidden under the sleeves.
- Orange accents.
- Four red stars (I don't know what's for).
- Loud alarm (much louder than my Riseman's).
- Sandblasted metal buckle (strange, it's made in Japan).
- Resin band with anti-slippery grips (my Riseman's band keeper often slips out of its place).
- Simple usage (I don't even have to read the manual to use it).
- Low price.
- Buttons are very smooth and responsive.
- Non-atomic (I'm fully aware of this before buying).
- Band is harder than my Riseman's band (hopefully it'll be softer with the time).
- It wears perfect for me, but it might be a little small for someone with large wrist size.
A little note about the negative display, I were prepared for the worse, but it turned out that it's much better than I thought, the nagetive display is perfectly usable for me, the digits are very reflective so even a weak light source is enough too see the time, and in a dark place the auto EL comes on naturally, no problem so far.