My Experience with a Recent Issue Regarding the MTG-B1000
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: My Experience with a Recent Issue Regarding the MTG-B1000

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My Experience with a Recent Issue Regarding the MTG-B1000

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post. I just wanted to share my recent experience I had today regarding the MTG-B1000TF. This is the watch that was not released in the US and is part of the Magma Ocean series for the 35th anniversary.

Today the watch was functioning as normal. However in the afternoon I noticed that the minute hand wasn’t moving at all. I saw that the watch was about a half hour behind so I decided to link it up to my phone to sync the correct time from the phone. I noticed that it didn’t work. The minute hand was still stuck at the 1 minute tick mark.

So I started troubleshooting. First I tried to adjust the time manually without any phone or atomic syncing. When I had manual control over the minute hand, I’d move the crown in either direction and the minute hand wasn’t moving. I saw increment movement in the hour hand as if the minute hand was moving. At this point I thought something was definitely wrong.

The second thing I did was try to do a hand alignment to get everything pointing at 12 o’clock. Unfortunately, while every other hands pointed to 12, the minute hand still stayed put without any movement.

At this point I was pretty frustrated. So I exited out of the hand alignment mode, screwed the crown back in, and in frustration banged the watch against the palm of my hand. After a few times doing this, the minute hand started moving again. I synced it up with the phone and the minute hand was misaligned by about two minutes. I performed the hand alignment and every hand pointed to 12 o’clock on the dot.

Since this incident today everything seems normal. But I’m pretty bothered that I had to “shock” the watch in order to get the hand moving again. I’ve never had this issue with other analogue Casio watches before.

Anyone ever experience this before?

Tl;dr - Minute hand was stuck, tried to troubleshoot, got frustrated and banged the watch against my other hand, unstuck the minute hand because of hitting the watch. Works now. Bothered by the whole ordeal.

Re: My Experience with a Recent Issue Regarding the MTG-B1000

Not saying no one else has experienced that problem, but I have not seen it on this forum.
    Casio G-shock
    MRG-G1000B-1ADR, MTG-B1000TF-1AJR, GMW-B5000TFC-1, GMW-B5000D-1, GMW-B5000GD-9, GMW-B5000V-1, GMW-B5000G-1, GPR-B1000-1, GPR-B1000-1B, GWG-1000-1A, GW-9400-1, GW-9400DCJ-1, GW-9400BTJ-8, GW-9401KJ-3JR, GW-5000-1JF, GW-B5600FB-4JR, GW-B5600HR-1, GW-B5600BC-1B, GXW-56BB-1JF, GW-3000M-4A, DW-5035D-1B, DW-5600BB (x2), DW-5600E (x2), DW-5600EG-9V, DW-5600CL-1, GW-M5610TR-7JF, DW-5600MS, GLS-5600CL-1, GLS-5600CL-3, DW-6930, GA-100MM-8A, G100BB-1A, GLS-6900-9JF, G-8900SC, GD-350-1B, GD-400-9CS, DW-6900MS, GD-120CM-4, GD-X6900CM-5, GLS-8900CM-2, GW-002KA.
    Casio Protrek/Pathfinder
    PAG-240B-2, PRW-2500R-1, PRW-3100FC-1JF, PRX-8000T-7AJF.
    Casio AE-1200 (x2)
    Casio W217H-1A
    MDV106-1A
    MTD1080-7A

You should send it to Casio for repair. This type of "stuck hand" problem is not likely to get better on its own.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It’s sounds like the hand somehow got unseated or disconnected from the shaft that rotates it. I bet when you slammed the watch the momentum pushed the hand down on the shaft enough to reattach it. But if a slam could attach it then one could also detach it.

Sounds like warranty service is called for if you have a warranty. If you don’t have a warranty then just wear that sucker till it breaks and then be prepared to pay for service.

Good luck!

Send it in for repair! It will not get better on its own. There are always some defect watches, even on a G-Shock production series.
    casterofdreams likes this.

Common proplem wirh other casio modules as well,only sending it to casio service is recommended.

Στάλθηκε από το MI MAX μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

They say all roads lead to Rome.

Based on what I’ve read here, all roads lead to Dover, New Jersey. It looks like my best course of action is giving Casio a call and setting up a ticket. I’m about a 40 minute drive from their headquarters/service center so I’ll take the watch over to them and see what the issue is. I bought it in May so I’m disappointed that I ran into this problem but things could always be worse.

Thanks everyone for taking the time out to reply. I kind of knew what I needed to do but I wanted to hear (or read) someone else say it.

Boy I’ll tell you, I was pissed yesterday but after sleeping on it, it could always be worse.

I’ll keep everyone posted.
    WES51 and thanosgp like this.

Quote Originally Posted by casterofdreams View Post

Based on what I’ve read here, all roads lead to Dover, New Jersey. It looks like my best course of action is giving Casio a call and setting up a ticket. I’m about a 40 minute drive from their headquarters/service center so I’ll take the watch over to them and see what the issue is. I bought it in May so I’m disappointed that I ran into this problem but things could always be worse.

Thanks everyone for taking the time out to reply. I kind of knew what I needed to do but I wanted to hear (or read) someone else say it.

Boy I’ll tell you, I was pissed yesterday but after sleeping on it, it could always be worse.

Let us know how it works out, that would be cool if they actually accept stuff for repair on a walk in basis.

Quote Originally Posted by casterofdreams View Post

Just be aware that they may not honor the warranty if it wasn't purchased from a authorized dealer in the U.S. Since you said this is a non-U.S. model, this may be an issue. Let us know what they say.
    thanosgp and casterofdreams like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryK30 View Post
    Just be aware that they may not honor the warranty if it wasn't purchased from a authorized dealer in the U.S. Since you said this is a non-U.S. model, this may be an issue. Let us know what they say.
    This is true. I will call in advance and speak to them about the watch. Technically the watch was released in December of 2018 (I believe - I’ll have to check before the call). Hopefully I catch someone on a good day and see what can be done. If I have to pay then so be it, within reason.

Quote Originally Posted by jpshock View Post
    Let us know how it works out, that would be cool if they actually accept stuff for repair on a walk in basis.
    I did a dry run to Casio a couple of months back. They would accept the watch (or anything Casio) on the spot. You just have to fill out a form and that’s about it. My advantage here is that I don’t have to worry about potential shipping issues.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information