My first 35th Anniversary salvo: A shot in the dark of Big Bang Black GA-835A-1A
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: My first 35th Anniversary salvo: A shot in the dark of Big Bang Black GA-835A-1A

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My first 35th Anniversary salvo: A shot in the dark of Big Bang Black GA-835A-1A

And a shot in the dark this was. I wasn't quite sure about this one, especially because of its downgraded World Time (a time-honored Casio signature feature) to just a dual-time function, which is kinda lame in comparison for Casio.

But, I was still curious about the new Big Bang Black resin treatment, so I went ahead with it as a preorder before its Japan release of September 8. Received it, I think, last Wednesday on the 13th and it had to wait till today, Sunday the 17th, before I could do the unboxing shoot below.

Looks like Amazon Japan has gone back to using oversized packaging for watch shipments

Cutting through a thickly, tightly and thoroughly taped package

Same old sight again: The shrink-wrap holding the watch box in place has burst open, presumably as a result of air-transit depressurization, but, even so, the box has managed to stay immobile in place. My overzealous cut job has managed to sever the left flap clean off the package.

My first any-anniversary G box. I like it!

Is this perfect, right-angle placement of the barcode sticker a blatant flaunting of boneheadedness or what?! Luckily, it peeled right off after the shoot.

Talk about precise positioning...

35th Anniversary logo again on top cover flap

...And on the watch case lid

35s all around

A preview to the darkness inside

A neat factory-wrapped

...White fabric pouch covering the darkness within

Black as all get-out unveiled at 10.10:40 PM, Tokyo time, by pure chance. A sign of good things to come.

A closer look to a deliberately understated yet still a prominent-looking piece

Out of the dark, there come the hands of time.

The hidden, backdoor bling.

Flashing 35th

The dark submarine

...Descending
    Last edited by AirWatch; September 18th, 2017 at 05:16.

Re: My first 35th Anniversary salvo: A shot in the dark of Big Bang Black GA-835A-1A

Looks nice.
    If you don't think every day is a good day, just try missing one. ~Cavett Robert

Re: My first 35th Anniversary salvo: A shot in the dark of Big Bang Black GA-835A-1A

Excellent! I can't wait for mine to show up from Higuchi-san. Just a few more days.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

got to say this model is amongst few of the great looking ana-digi gshock by casio. nice catch!
    dkpw likes this.

Sorry to burst your bubble (no pun intended) but the plastic shrink wrap did not burst open

The forwarder had opened the shipping box and torn the shrink wrap to inspect the contents and to weigh it.
    It's in their faq or usage guide.

Excellent photos. Please report here...

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/g-s...d-4528313.html

Cheers, Piowa

now im going to have to get one just to have that tin >_<

does that plastic shield come off or is that an added feature of the 35th series? ;p
    the aritst formerly known as soulbridgemedia
    Whoisdisdointhissynthe tictypeofalphabetapsychedelicfunkin

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

Battery life anyone?hoping its 5-7 years.

Quote Originally Posted by blondygirl69 View Post
    Battery life anyone?hoping its 5-7 years.
    At least that. Manual states 3 years but you know how conservative Casio is with their battery life estimates.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

Did Casio ditch its somewhat "unique" plastic bag for cloth and clear film? Or is it for just this watch?

That plastic bag is one of my criteria to know if the watch is original or not lol.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information