My first 5600

Thread: My first 5600

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My first 5600

I was diving through my drawer of watches the other day and realized that I've amassed a mini g-shock collection and I never really even thought about it... But even more surprising is that I didn't have a single 5600 or original design g-shock. So I finally pulled the trigger, but one that is not exactly the classic design, the GW-5600BCJ-1JF.

Great watch though and the bracelet is a nice alternative. Big digits and negative display are a plus for me as well, but I just wish that they'd kept the day display as well! Here's a low-quality shot of the new watch...

Now I've also noticed a Tokyo Design Project Strictly Black 5600 (DW-5600BC-1BJR) that I quite like...does anyone have one of these and does anyone know if this module has dual time?

Re: My first 5600

Quote Originally Posted by tsaojam View Post
    Great watch though and the bracelet is a nice alternative. Big digits and negative display are a plus for me as well, but I just wish that they'd kept the day display as well!
    Yes, why did they leave that out? There seems to be plenty of room for it.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Quote Originally Posted by tsaojam View Post
    Now I've also noticed a Tokyo Design Project Strictly Black 5600 (DW-5600BC-1BJR) that I quite like...does anyone have one of these and does anyone know if this module has dual time?
    I think all the DW-5600BC models use the 1545 module which has no dual time function.
    You can check the manual here

http://www.casiovintage.org/mans/1545.pdf

Nice example of the GW-5600 you've got there tsaojam

cheers,

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That one is on my list Tsaojam! The band is ion plated stainless steel, textured, right? There's good heft to the watch? The clasp has the two push buttons?

It sure is a great looking watch!!!!!!!

Enjoy it man...

-Gawain
    Orient: Black Mako (FEM65001BW)
    G-Shock: DW9052-2V, DW56RT-1V, G2500-3V, DW-9700UL-9T, DW-003S, DW-003H-9T, G9000-MX4, DW-004, GW-9200RJ-4JF, G-5500SRF
    Seiko: SKX781 Orange Monster, SNK807 Seiko 5, SUN017P1, SNP105 (incoming)
    Tissot: PRC200
    Other: Stuhrling Skeleton (1070.33161)

"Don't wait for the perfect moment, take this moment and make it perfect."
    ---Dr. Simon Atkins

"Reality is an illusion, albeit a persistent one."
    ---Albert Einstein

"The capper is that, like life, golf is a game that can't be won, only played."
    ---Bagger Vance

Yep...the band is actually textured resin with ion plated SS center links, nice and different interpretation of a watch band and combination of materials. While by no means a heavyweight, the clasp of the watch does add a bit of heft to the watch, but it's still very light. And yes the clasp has two push buttons. I have to say I highly recommend this watch

Quote Originally Posted by Gawain View Post
    That one is on my list Tsaojam! The band is ion plated stainless steel, textured, right? There's good heft to the watch? The clasp has the two push buttons?

It sure is a great looking watch!!!!!!!

Enjoy it man...

-Gawain

i just got mine as well. i love it. and the clasp doesn't have any scratches on it yet. seems that the plating method they use is fairly durable. and i love how you get a rainbow effect on the metal part of the clasp when the light hits it.

heck of a watch for a hair under $100. solar, atomic, shock-resistant, very legible. i don't think i need any other watches anymore! yeah, right

Last edited by smittythepig; August 28th, 2007 at 16:51.

Would I be able to fit one of those bands on a DW5600, and are they available? I couldn't find them on TikTox.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

What a coincidence I just order that same model today from buysaleitems
    I expect to receive it by friday and also this will be my first 5600

Cheers

Sweet I was just about to start a new thread on this cos i was considering buying one.

is $93US a good price on eBay (as it seems you bought for that much) for this type?

Quote Originally Posted by dh0licious View Post
    Sweet I was just about to start a new thread on this cos i was considering buying one.

is $93US a good price on eBay (as it seems you bought for that much) for this type?
    93.00 is the best price you will find fot that model. Go for it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information