My first G

Thread: My first G

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My first G

Hi guys. I just received my first G, a DW-5600E. I'm asking for your input as I hear (from you) that there are quite a few knock-offs out there. I had to buy this off the net as this model is not sold in Canada. I ended up getting off en eBay seller (store) with many trades. Made in Malasia, model # is 1545. Got it for $40 USD BNIB. So, how did I do?
    :thanks

PS, that REAL BLACK Frogman is a beauty, but the price?!! Will it sell for that?

Re: My first G

You did good! The recommended retail price of the DW-5600E is a whopping €70 EUR ($90 USD)! B-)

Wink Re: My first G

Hi MTBluger,

In the Netherlands they even ask €99,- ($125,-) at the department stores... YOu can't go wrong with the DW-5600. It's a great basic model. For me it's a bit small, but actually I've been wearing several DW-5600 models lately. THe DW-5600 is maybe a low key model, but they are pretty though!

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Whew! Thanks Seamaster. Just ordered one of those Zulu straps and adapters - cool look, and no doubt more comfy.

Hey thanks Sjors. Glad to know I didn't get taken. "Knock on wood", I have had about 70 successful eBay trades so far, but it's gonna happen sooner or later. With regards to size, I needed something small to start off with - have smallish wrists. I actually picked that model because it is so highly regarded by the members here, and because it is just about the exact sizing of my Tag F1.

Yeah, it's too bad those things happen... I got a sad mail today of a girl who asked for the manual of a Frogman she got as a present of her dad. It was one of those Fake DW-8200 models you find with dozens on eBay. I felt myself a as a bringer of bad news... someone had to do it...

Cheers,

Sjors

There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

What is the detection criteria? Some are obvious, like a crocked display, but are there other things to look for?

Hi MTB,

Check this thread in the image sub-forum. At the bottom you'll see some convincing fake G-Shock's. When I saw the first G-2000's I thought it was real, so I bought two. I had to pay an enormous amount on shipping, had to pay duties and taxes and in the end...I had two fakes

Cheers,

Sjors

Wow! Some of those are VERY convincing. I suppose buying from a reputable dealer would offer some protection. Thanks for your help.

Did you get it from Australia?

I just bought mine from an outlet store here and it equates to a similar exchange rate. If it is they are a good dealer and you did well.

I love mine. I have been a bit jaded with the whole watch thing lately and thought that the G-shock might provide a bit of zest for me. I'm hoping to slowly build up a collection.

congrats on your purchase.

Peter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information