my first 'G'

Thread: my first 'G'

my first 'G'

Well after the unsuccessful delivery yesterday, today was a success and postie managed to deliver my DW6900-1V. First impressions.....it's tiny! LOL, tbh I was not expecting to think that. Had doubts yesterday over whether I should have gone for this model over the 5600 due to the size but felt satisfied as I own a 45mm U-Boat and a Suunto Core which is 50mm, so this watch being circa 50mm diameter should be fine. However due to the glass on the U-Boat and the Suunto being of bigger diameter (compared with the 6900) it sure does give the impression that the 6900 is small!
    The model number on the base of the stand it came on say's 'DW-6900-1VCT', anyone know what the 'CT' bit means? I gather the first 2 letters (DW), mean Digital Water Resist, then the model number (6900), '1' indicating black and 'V' meaning its an export, however can't find what the 'CT may mean.
    Anyone know?
    Need to get it all set up, but aside from the initial shock over the appearance of the size I'm more then happy with it. Here's a couple of pics:

the box it came in

alongside my U-Boat and Suunto Core (which will soon be in the classifieds)

Re: my first 'G'

Congrats, great start!.
    I wore the same watch for years before it died.
    your post remind me to buy another one as soon as possible.
    Wear it in good health, it's real classic and a great looking G.

cheers.

Re: my first 'G'

cheers mate. Yeah it's to become my everyday watch so will see plenty of use.
    just set up the time on it now and the date it was currently at was 17th of May 1998!!! LOL, battery's been going for a while then!

Thread Information