My first G Shock
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By dlavi

Thread: My first G Shock

My first G Shock

I got my first G Shock yesterday an AWGM100-1ACR. So far I am liking it a lot. I like that it is on the smaller side as I don't have huge wrists. I have a feeling this won't be my last G Shock but it may be a bit before I can justify another one to my wife. I have my eye on a mudman.
    Attached Images Attached Images

KillaSkill and geno_89 like this.

Re: My first G Shock

Nice! I have the AWG-M100B - it's a nice little watch with some cool features like the "hand-moving"-function. I only wish it had a snooze alarm and a longer stopwatch. But apart from that it's great! Enjoy!

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

The hand moving function is pretty slick.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Well I am returning the watch to Amazon. I went on a bike ride in about 40(f) weather and the inside of the crystal fogged up. I understand now that this is not all that unusual on G-Shocks but it is not something I am willing to live with as I will use the watch a lot in the cold in Minnesota. I ordered a Momentum M1 Pro instead.

Just to let you know that is due to the environment under which the watch was assembled and has nothing to do with anything getting in the watch.

Quote Originally Posted by dlavi View Post
    Well I am returning the watch to Amazon. I went on a bike ride in about 40(f) weather and the inside of the crystal fogged up. I understand now that this is not all that unusual on G-Shocks but it is not something I am willing to live with as I will use the watch a lot in the cold in Minnesota. I ordered a Momentum M1 Pro instead.

I have seen that claim but the fogging annoys me, I imagine over time the moisture is bad for the watch and I wonder why this is so common with G shocks when I have never had it happen with another watch.

It looks similar to the AW-591.

Name:  DSC_6642 edit for wuseek.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  113.2 KB
    However, the AWG-M100B is the one that has Multi Band 6. I'm not sure if I could be able to get the time radio sync here in the Philippines (even in Singapore), since the radio time sync is only available in China and Japan. :) Am I right? Please correct me on this subject. :)

My watches - Casio G-Shock AW-591 (Japan Movement), G-7900A, G-5600E, and G-7510; Seiko "Panda" Automatic, 21 Jewels (from Grandpa) (Made in Japan); Seiko 5 Sports Automatic 100m Water Resistant, 23 jewels; Vulcain 'Cricket' Alarm, Manual-Wind, 17 jewels (Swiss Made); Luminox Black Ops Series 8800 (Swiss Made);
    Timex Easy Reader.
    Dad's watches - Omega Seamaster Hi-Beat Automatic, 17 jewels (Swiss); Omega Seamaster Bumper Automatic, 17 jewels (Swiss) (from Grandpa), Seiko 5 "Weekdater" Sportsmatic (Japan) (from Grandpa), Seiko Bellmatic (Japan), and many more.

Congrats!

Thread Information