My first G-Shock! GX56GB-1 King
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: My first G-Shock! GX56GB-1 King

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ayn

Thumbs Up My first G-Shock! GX56GB-1 King

Been lurking the G forum a bit, I want one for biking and stuff. I originally had my eyes on the Riseman coz I snowboard a lot and thought it would be useful, but I like the MiMB version the most and it's a bit of a pain to find. Then I looked into Frogman and Mudman, like them a lot too. So today I decided to trek down to a local AD in Chinatown, I was pretty impressed by their selection. I was able to try on the regular King (GX56-1ACR), the Riseman, half a dozen different Mudmans, they pretty much had most of the current G-Shocks except the Frogman. After half an hour of trying on different Gs, I liked the King the best even though the module is not all that interesting. Only thing was that I thought the red was a bit too flashy. The SA said their other store had the gold/black version, so I asked her to go get it and I would come back to check it out. Went back in a few hours to look at it, I definitely like that better than the red one (well I like both, but if I had to choose one I'd pick the GB), they were able to almost match Amazon's price, so I brought it home.

The watch is pretty huge on my wrist, but I love it. It's dark here now so I couldn't take any wrist shots, maybe tomorrow, but attaching a few quick snaps.

Pretty sure this won't be my last G-Shock. :)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by ayn; November 20th, 2011 at 06:00. Reason: using image upload instead of [img] tag, works better with tapatalk.

Re: My first G-Shock! GX56GB-1 King

I like that watch, never saw that style. congrats, nice purchase.

I bet it won't be your last either.

Will be picking up my second on the 30th, already planning my 3rd.

ayn

nice, what are you getting? and what'll be your 3rd? I'll probably pick up the Riseman from Amazon, and maybe a Mudman next.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Right now I have the white GWM5600A-7. Pre-ordered the GW3000BB-1A for my 2nd.

For third I'm thinking looking at the GB-6900. Not sure on release date for that.

ayn

wow interesting, Bluetooth. :)

Very nice King!! I have a number of G's, but strangely enough, no Kings yet! I might have to remedy that soon. Enjoy that beauty!

ayn

You definitely should. ;)

This one can be had with Amazon Prime (I can't live without Prime), the people at the AD were nice so I bought from them even though it was a few bucks more. It's really comfortable and is a lot lighter than my other watches.

This is my second G. Had a mixed feeling at first after buying it, due to it's enormous size, but after giving it a chance for more wrist time, it has grown on me. Love this little sexy thing! :D

ayn

Ok that didn't last long, I just got a GWF-1000-1JF Frogman on eBay, might take a while to get here, but got a decent deal for it. I guess Mud and Rise next and I'll be done. :D

Ahaahaahha!, that's what you think bruv lol You've started with some sexy eye candy right off the bat. You know what kings and frogs lead to bruv??? MORE KINGS and FROGS lol! trust me i know i've been collecting these (new) G's since Last December and i now have all the kings (group shot on the way) and the GWR1000-RD4 (MIBR Frogman) and the GWF1000BS-1JF (Basil Special) arriving any day now! These G's hook ya and you just cant say no to em, you'll see bruv, you'll see!
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by ayn View Post
    Ok that didn't last long, I just got a GWF-1000-1JF Frogman on eBay, might take a while to get here, but got a decent deal for it. I guess Mud and Rise next and I'll be done. :D

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information