My First G-Shock Watches - Bitten Hard by the G-Bug!!
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: My First G-Shock Watches - Bitten Hard by the G-Bug!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My First G-Shock Watches - Bitten Hard by the G-Bug!!

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and new to G-Shock watches. I am actually not that into watches as I haven't worn one in the past two years or more. The trend here is generally to spend on a mobile phone, the money one could/would on a watch. Utility takes precedence in this decision. However, in a fit of... nostalgia, I ordered my first ever digital watch - the Casio F-94W - as I could never have a digital watch in school till around 2002. I got the F-94W around the 8th of this month. In the process I happened to view some pages on the G-Shock range and for some inexplicable reason, got mesmerized. In the next few days I did some recon on these watches and, overwhelmed by their charm, ended up ordering two G-Shocks!! I ordered a G-9000-3VDR and a G-7710-1DR. I hope you all can see the pics.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sred...afA&feat=email

These watches are also the first in my possession to have a backlight, let alone electroluminescent tech!

I do hope these are genuine, though. I suspect the G-7710-1DR as the "Casio" and the lines dividing the sections on the LCD are dark, dull red instead of the light colour seen all over the web. What say?

Regards,
    Sid.
    tse_tse, lvt and safetyobc like this.

Re: My First G-Shock Watches - Bitten Hard by the G-Bug!!

Those watches look great! I'm no expert at all, but they both look genuine to me. I think the display divider color difference is just due to different lighting situations, or possibly age. I would think with everything going on in the 7710, it would be pretty hard to fake. But I'm sure others who know better will chime in.

Welcome!
    Last edited by jbg7474; August 28th, 2013 at 15:17.
    Darth Sid likes this.
    Current: Certina DS First Chronograph, Squale 20 Atmos Classic, Casio Edifice EF527, G-Shock GW-6900-1, Rado, Invicta, Maurice LaCroix
    Past: Victorinox Chrono Classic 1/100 241618, Seiko SBDC001, SKX779, Deep Blue Ocean Diver 500, G-Shock GA-1000FC, AWG-101, Citizen BM8475-26e, Oris TT1 Divers Date, TAG Heuer Pilot

LUW

Welcome aboard the G-Asylum!

From your pics, both look legit. As jbg said, the difference you're noticing is probably because of the lighting. Negative displays commonly come out funky in photos.
    Darth Sid likes this.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Congrats and welcome to the forum! Wrist shots when they arrive!

sent with aloha
    Darth Sid likes this.
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

Just one more G-Shock I promise it will be the last one

Name:  Sjors just one more g-shock.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  88.7 KB

This place is evil it makes you go Mad!
    raceclawt, woodt3, koiom and 2 others like this.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

Congrats on the pick ups they look legit to me. An easy way to check is read the manual and make sure all functions are there, and in the order the manual says, also that the model number and module number on the back are correct. I'm curious though, why were you not allowed a digital watch at school?

"I'm really not into watches..." but you bought three in a month? Don't worry you're among friends here.
    Last edited by woodt3; August 29th, 2013 at 03:23.
    Darth Sid likes this.

Hi and welcome to the forum!
    They're both legit - no worries. Yes, the lines on the G-7710 look a different color on the Casio stock pics - they're a dark purple IMO:

cheers, Sedi
    lvt and Darth Sid like this.
    Cheers
    Sedi

Welcome to the forum. .

Thumbs Up UPDATE: My G-7710 is GENUINE!

First of all, thank you everyone for the warm welcome!

Sorry I couldn't reply earlier as I had to go back to my hometown to get my other motorcycle to Delhi as my KTM (my primary mode of transport) is in for an engine replacement. Don't have 3G coverage there.

There have been some developments since my first post. I got the G-7710 checked out at an exclusive Casio showroom and they did see the difference I noticed when they compared it with the sole display piece they had there. The display piece closely resembled the pictures on Casio's websites and other pics found online. However, they suggested I visit the Casio service centre. Regardless of their advice, I asked Flipkart customer care to replace the watch. They offered me a refund but I figured it could be this particular watch and that website is known and trusted for its good service and assurance of genuinity so a replacement should clear the situation. I compared the replacement to mine - they were the same.

Couple of days later, I went to the Casio service centre. They looked at the watch and said it appears genuine but if I wanted, they could open it to check the numbers on the module. However, I declined when they added that they have never received any complaint regarding any Casio watch ordered from Flipkart. Also, since I received a proper warranty card and an invoice with tax number, there is little chance it is fake. As I was walking out, the guy at the desk called me back and pointed to the lady who just approached him for service. She was wearing the exact same watch that I was! I compared mine with hers. Exactly the same, except that it was beat up from three years of use since she bought it in Goa.

So, it seems my watch is genuine and I needn't worry.

Sorry for the long post.
    Last edited by Darth Sid; September 5th, 2013 at 08:50. Reason: Title of the post.

Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Those watches look great! I'm no expert at all, but they both look genuine to me. I think the display divider color difference is just due to different lighting situations, or possibly age. I would think with everything going on in the 7710, it would be pretty hard to fake. But I'm sure others who know better will chime in.

Welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by LUW View Post
    Welcome aboard the G-Asylum!

From your pics, both look legit. As jbg said, the difference you're noticing is probably because of the lighting. Negative displays commonly come out funky in photos.
    Thanks, jbg7474 and LUW, for your responses. Indeed, the colour appears different in photographs but I even compared a display watch in a showroom to mine. The difference was clear. However, the G-Shock box label says that it was imported in April 2013 whereas display watch could be older. Could simply be a revision in the lot. One more thing I noticed - the colour of the lines changes almost to that found in most pics online when viewed at an angle from the 12 o' clock position.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information