My first G-Shock. What to get? And where?

Thread: My first G-Shock. What to get? And where?

My first G-Shock. What to get? And where?

Hey fellas. First time posting here, but have been using these boards many hours in the latest week or so.

Anyways. I have been manicly searching for a cool g shock and it seems like the more I read the more confused I become.

1:
    I would love a negative display watch. The stealth factor is awesome. However every review I read, there's plenty of complains that casio's N-displays are almost unreadable.

2:
    I would also love a solar atomic watch but here and there I read that ordinary batteries last just as long, are cheaper and in some cases last even longer.

3:
    The features I'm looking for is primarily to able to use a timer without losing the ability to watch the actual time. So it must not switch away from ordinary watch display.

I am willing to throw some cash towards an expensive watch and I really REALLY like the GW-5000B-1JR

That said. The price is somewhat high I reckon. And not only that. But I find the watch to be sold out EVERYWHERE. Can this really be true?

Other watches I have been thinking about is the

GW-9010 men in black mat edition. Also sold out everywhere and I think it actually hides ordinary time when using stopwatch, timer etc.

And also the GX-56. But this watch is HUUUUGE I reckon and it doesn't come in military edition. I think.

So anyways. If you have some suggestions on where to find these watches and even better point towards the watch that is ideal for me, I would very much appreciate it.

Soender.

Re: My first G-Shock. What to get? And where?

Thw GW5000B could not display time while in stopwatch/countdown timer mode... too bad, it could have been the watch for you...

I could think of one stealth 5600 right now that has a negative display and could display both time and timer/stopwatch simultaneously. That would be the DW5600MS. It's not solar atomic though... I hope others can help you with other models...

here's a pic: (dw5600ms on top)

Welcome. Let's see if we can help

1. Neg displays are definitely less readable than positive. But I suppose that if you're overwhelmed by the cool factor, taking an extra second or so to discern the time won't bother you that much. Really, try to see one in person if possible. It's so subjective.

2. I'd say the jury's out on this one. Some people really go for it, or hate it. My guess is that although my mostly unworn G-Shock from 1988 never had a battery change until now, that's probably cos it was hardly ever used. A watch where you use 20 alarms a day and 20 light presses will probably drain a standard battery much more quickly than a solar watch, which could refresh its charge daily.

3. So you're looking for time in all modes, or at least time shown in countdown timer (CDT) mode. That's relatively rare in Gs at the moment, and time in all modes is one of the reasons I've gone sideways to favouring a ProTrek PRG-200/PRW-2000 watch, which is my most useful and therefore most worn watch at the moment.

You may have seen that you can download most Casio operation manuals from their web site here:

Watches [ Manuals ] - CASIO WORLDWIDE

Once you know the 4 digit module (movement) number that every Casio watch has, you can look it up and download a PDF manual here, so you can be completely sure of what you're buying.

The GW-5000 is a great watch, but I think it's Japan market only, so you'd need to get one exported via the recommended Japanese exporters that we know via the forum. Chino, Seiya, and Higuchi are some of the most trusted.

Finally, what's your location? Easier to recommend outlets if we know where you are

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the info fellas. Although I am still 200% uncertain of what and where to buy hehe :) Just so many cool watches. But many of them seem limited editions and really hard to find sellers for.

I am btw from the Kingdom of Denmark :)

I have finally decided the fate of my wrist for the years to come. The watch is very very likely going to be the GW-2310BD. Fell in love with the touch of gold! Looks awesome.

Now where would I find this watch?

Hi an ebay search will show- most I have seen are in the US (not sure where you are)
    HTH's

Cheers

Hey. Thanks will look there. Although I am from Denmark so a european seller would be cool.

Having a hard time locating a retailer or seller in europe. Is ebay really the only place? Would really appreciate it if someone could point in the direction of a GW2310BD-1

I'm worried I'll end up getting my ass taxed off.

Also is the GW2310BD-1 a limited edition?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my newbness. I find myself being somewhat addicted to this site now though :)

The GW2310BD-1 is on it's way yay! ;)

Took the cheapest and most trustworthy seller on ebay. I'll end up paying approximately 35% added to the retail price of $169 in taxes and VAT. But what the heck. The watch is a beauty. Even though It doesn't show time in all modes. Compromises were inbound I figured :)

But now I have a new question. I saw talking of these maratac bands And really think one of those could suit the watch in my everyday work situations.
    Is it possible to get such a strap mounted on the GW2310BD-1?

Thread Information