My first post...

Thread: My first post...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    57

    My first post...

    Greetings from Italy, this is my first post in this mega-fanta-wonderful forum.
    I want to share some photos (Nikon Coolpix 4600 in macro mode) of my "little" (but in rapid (hope) growth) Casio collection.
    At this time i'm awaiting for two little monsters to come: one PRW 1100 with resin bracelet and a PRG80-2VER.
    Sjors, you're a very Casio G-Shock "Guru" !!!
    :thanks



    Regards.

    Marco1971.

  2. #2
    Member tribe125's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    29,513

    Re: My first post...

    Welcome, Marco! Nice watches.

    Whereabouts in Italy do you come from?
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

  3. #3
    Moderator G-Shock Forum Sjors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    21,483

    Wink Re: My first post...

    Hi Marco,

    Welcome to our G-Shock forum. I think I'm just a bit compulsive in buying G-Shock's, ha ha. Your PRW-1100 looks great. I thought it looked more like the PRG-80, but it looks totally different, more like the PRW-1200. I hope that I have some spare money to buy one. The MTG-930 is my "master" clock, the one I use most of the times to set my other watches.

    Cheers,

    Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.


    Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010


  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    57

    Re: My first post...

    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Welcome, Marco! Nice watches.

    Whereabouts in Italy do you come from?
    Hi tribe125, i live near Lucca, a small town between Pisa and Florence.

    Regards.

    Marco1971.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    57

    Re: My first post...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sjors View Post
    Hi Marco,

    Welcome to our G-Shock forum. I think I'm just a bit compulsive in buying G-Shock's, ha ha. Your PRW-1100 looks great. I thought it looked more like the PRG-80, but it looks totally different, more like the PRW-1200. I hope that I have some spare money to buy one. The MTG-930 is my "master" clock, the one I use most of the times to set my other watches.

    Cheers,

    Sjors
    Thank you very much Sjors...
    As i know both PRW 1200 ans PAW series (for the U.S.A market) employ moduel number 3043...
    The PRW 1100s instead (for the Japanese market only sigh...) are equipped with model 3042 electronics (different antenna and its electronics).
    PRW 1100s also have sapphire glass (laminated over standard mineral glass), PRG80s,PAWs,PRW 1200s all have mineral glass (with pro and contros).
    In receiving DCF77 signal, PRW1200 have less sensitivity than both MTG 930s and PRW 1100s (due to a new copper coil design for the 77.5K Hertz).
    And now, two new entries in my (sigh) little collection: one 7600R-3VER and a G9000-1VER (black) that i really love...



    :thanks Sjors

    Marco1971.

  7. #6
    Moderator G-Shock Forum Sjors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    21,483

    Wink Re: My first post...

    Hi Marco,

    That sounds nice. If I had to choose between the 1100 and 1200, I would have gone for the 1100. Since it received the signal better than the 1200, I'm now pretty sure.

    I love your G-7600R. I love bright colors. Nice to hear you're from Italy. We have a great Italian member Shirra who is more into the older models and G-Shock vs NASA topics. If you stick around a bit here, you'll probably meet him here too

    Cheers,

    Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.


    Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010


  8. #7
    Member Derek N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Kaneohe, Hawaii
    Posts
    4,468

    Re: My first post...

    Welcome Marco, nice choice of watches! My PRG80 is one of my favorite digital watches; and although not a G-Shock, it is probably just as durable.

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    57

    Re: My first post...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sjors View Post
    Hi Marco,

    That sounds nice. If I had to choose between the 1100 and 1200, I would have gone for the 1100. Since it received the signal better than the 1200, I'm now pretty sure.

    I love your G-7600R. I love bright colors. Nice to hear you're from Italy. We have a great Italian member Shirra who is more into the older models and G-Shock vs NASA topics. If you stick around a bit here, you'll probably meet him here too

    Cheers,

    Sjors
    Hi,
    i bought my PRW 1100 with nylon band for about 385 U.S.D plus 15 for shipping charge on eBay.
    With black anodized Titanium bracelet you'll go for about 585 U.S.D (from the same merchant...sigh).
    As in my direct experience, barometer and I.S.A altimeter both are more stable in PRG80s,PRW 1100 than in other Casio Pathfinder or Protrek series (PRG90s in primis).
    I suspect that it could be caused by a different sensor.
    I have an old ALT-6000 (with damaged band on both sides sigh...) that is in completley agree with my PRG80s (hPascal and meters lectures).

    Cheers,

    Marco1971.

  10. #9
    Moderator G-Shock Forum Sjors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    21,483

    Wink Re: My first post...

    Hi Marco,

    I was quiet shocked when I saw the firt prices, but I believe you can find them for much more affordable prices now. My PRG-80 is also dead on altitude and barometer.

    I actually wore it about a year ago on school (where I work). A physics technical educational assistant came to me if I knew the current airpressure. If I'm right my PRG-80 said 1013 hPa. The assistant said there was 1022 predicted, so my reading was strange. I went to the tele text on tv for the actual weather report. The airpressure one hour earlier was 1014 hPa!

    The Lesson (for me): You better trust your PRG-80 in stead of the weather report!

    Cheers,

    Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.


    Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010


  11. #10
    Banned OZZIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Was Japan, now back home in Cairns, Queensland, Australia
    Posts
    3,776

    Re: My first post...

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco1971 View Post
    Greetings from Italy, this is my first post in this mega-fanta-wonderful forum.
    I want to share some photos (Nikon Coolpix 4600 in macro mode) of my "little" (but in rapid (hope) growth) Casio collection.
    At this time i'm awaiting for two little monsters to come: one PRW 1100 with resin bracelet and a PRG80-2VER.
    Sjors, you're a very Casio G-Shock "Guru" !!!
    :thanks

    Regards.

    Marco1971.
    Hi Marco -

    Great photos

    Italy is one place on my really want to visit lists..

    Welcome to the forum

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. How to post pictures on a/this Forum....
      By GJ in forum Photography
      Replies: 42
      Last Post: May 29th, 2018, 03:08
    2. My first post.
      By Fastwrap in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: March 29th, 2006, 12:07
    3. Post from Beta_User for tests
      By beta_user in forum Pilots' & Military watches
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: May 1st, 2005, 14:24

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •