My first stealthed G-Shock

Thread: My first stealthed G-Shock

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Member sspartan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,083

    Thumbs Up My first stealthed G-Shock

    I recently won an auction for a lightly used GW5600BCJ on Ebay and was not happy with the orange lettering on the bezel. I decided to use some goof off to completely remove the paint. I'm sure I am not the first to perform this mod on this watch but decided to post a pic of the result.

    Last edited by sspartan; August 25th, 2008 at 22:20.

  2. #2
    Member GEODE HUNTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast-USA
    Posts
    2,112

    Re: My first stealthed G-Shock

    That looks awesome!!! Nice job!!!
    Geode
    You only live once.....and some don't even do that!!

  3. #3
    Member baczajka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,584

    Thumbs Up Re: My first stealthed G-Shock

    So you were the one who outbid me!

    Nice grab and mod.

    How do you feel about the orange line around the face?

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member sspartan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,083

    Re: My first stealthed G-Shock

    Quote Originally Posted by baczajka View Post
    So you were the one who outbid me!

    Nice grab and mod.

    How do you feel about the orange line around the face?
    Sorry about that, had my snipe software set before I left for vacation. Ebay now hides the other bidders info so I had no idea it was a fellow WUS member bidding on the same watch.

    The orange line does not bother me as it goes well with the slight orange tint of the letters on the LCD. I am happy to add it to the collection.

  6. #5
    Member baczajka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,584

    Re: My first stealthed G-Shock

    Quote Originally Posted by sspartan View Post
    Sorry about that, had my snipe software set before I left for vacation. Ebay now hides the other bidders info so I had no idea it was a fellow WUS member bidding on the same watch.

    The orange line does not bother me as it goes well with the slight orange tint of the letters on the LCD. I am happy to add it to the collection.

    No worries on the watch. Got my fix today and scored a Gulfman!

    I agree with you on the orange line. It is much more low key in normal lighting and at normal scale. Can't beat the bracelet band on that one either.

  7. #6
    Member Vintage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Sonora, Mexico
    Posts
    4,569

    Re: My first stealthed G-Shock

    Many congrats, Sspartan! Is it your first GW5600? Very nice.

  8. #7
    Member sspartan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,083

    Re: My first stealthed G-Shock

    Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    Many congrats, Sspartan! Is it your first GW5600? Very nice.
    Thanks Vintage, yes it is my fist GW5600 and I do like it alot. It does seem bigger and slightly thicker then the GWM5625 Mod I own, the digits seem to be slightly larger as well . It will now become my GWM5625's dark and evil looking brother in my small but growing 5600 collection



    Last edited by sspartan; August 26th, 2008 at 05:41.

  9. #8
    Member Vintage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Sonora, Mexico
    Posts
    4,569

    Re: My first stealthed G-Shock

    Quote Originally Posted by sspartan View Post
    Thanks Vintage, yes it is my fist GW5600 and I do like it alot. It does seem bigger and slightly thicker then the GWM5625 Mod I own, the digits seem to be slightly larger as well. It will now become my GWM5625's dark and evil brother in my small but growing 5600 collection
    I do agree with you: digits are larger in the GW5600.

    And there's another detail I like about it (and let's see what happens where you live in the next few days): The GW5600 module has the most atomic syncable module I've ever seen in a G-Shock. It's amazing. It always get the signal even when other and more recent modules can't get it; and it get it very fast. It's like, er, clockwork.

  10. #9
    Member sspartan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,083

    Re: My first stealthed G-Shock

    Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    I do agree with you: digits are larger in the GW5600.

    And there's another detail I like about it (and let's see what happens where you live in the next few days): The GW5600 module has the most atomic syncable module I've ever seen in a G-Shock. It's amazing. It always get the signal even when other and more recent modules can't get it; and it get it very fast. It's like, er, clockwork.
    Vintage, you may be right, but I will keep you posted. The watch did arrive this morning with the sync indictor showing it had received signal at 1:03am when it was still in it's box in some postal distribution center in New Jersey
    Last edited by sspartan; August 26th, 2008 at 05:40.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •