My Froggy Arrived.....
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: My Froggy Arrived.....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My Froggy Arrived.....

Well my 25th anniversary Frogman arrived the other day. It is the one called Glorious Gold.

The watch was as described. However like all G-Shock with the clear jelly bands and bezels, the band and bezel were turning yellow. I was not bent out of shape with that because they all do it and this watch was 11 years old.

other then the yellowing bezel and band, the watch looked good.

Sadly for me, this watch like all other jelly band/bezel G-Shocks looked great in pictures but (at least for me) not so great in real life (looks like a childs toy instead of a diver spec watch)

A little looking on ebay, yielded me the bezel and band for the black and gold 25th Ann. version of the frogman so i bought them. Like the Glorious Gold Frog, the black bezel 25th Ann. Frog has the same golden case, case back, bezel attachment screws and buttons so it is a match.

The parts arrived fast from eBay and will be switched over by my watchmaker on Sat. I normally would do this but I need to order a new screw driver. Plus I am over there to pick up another watch so it is easier to hand him $5 or $10 to carefully change it over.

Here are pics of the parts
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: My Froggy Arrived.....

Congrats, nice pickup!! I think you're doing the right thing by putting the other resin on that Frog.

Is it bad that I remember when those Glorious Gold Frogmen came out??? Can you say I'm getting old?!!

Enjoy that new Frog!!
    Steelerswit likes this.
    Casio G-shock
    MRG-G1000B-1ADR, MTG-B1000TF-1AJR, GMW-B5000TFC-1, GMW-B5000D-1, GMW-B5000GD-9, GMW-B5000V-1, GMW-B5000G-1, GPR-B1000-1, GPR-B1000-1B, GWG-1000-1A, GW-9400-1, GW-9400DCJ-1, GW-9400BTJ-8, GW-9401KJ-3JR, GW-5000-1JF, GW-B5600FB-4JR, GW-B5600HR-1, GW-B5600BC-1B, GXW-56BB-1JF, GW-3000M-4A, DW-5035D-1B, DW-5600BB (x2), DW-5600E (x2), DW-5600EG-9V, DW-5600CL-1, GW-M5610TR-7JF, DW-5600MS, GLS-5600CL-1, GLS-5600CL-3, DW-6930, GA-100MM-8A, G100BB-1A, GLS-6900-9JF, G-8900SC, GD-350-1B, GD-400-9CS, DW-6900MS, GD-120CM-4, GD-X6900CM-5, GLS-8900CM-2, GW-002KA.
    Casio Protrek/Pathfinder
    PAG-240B-2, PRW-2500R-1, PRW-3100FC-1JF, PRX-8000T-7AJF.
    Casio AE-1200 (x2)
    Casio W217H-1A
    MDV106-1A
    MTD1080-7A

Quote Originally Posted by Time4Playnow View Post
    Congrats, nice pickup!! I think you're doing the right thing by putting the other resin on that Frog.

Is it bad that I remember when those Glorious Gold Frogmen came out??? Can you say I'm getting old?!!

Enjoy that new Frog!!

No it is not bad that you remember when the GG came out because that would make me old also. I got a remaining Black Dawn GW-5525 25th anniversary watch at my local JC Penney's right before the Snowmageddon storm of 2010 hit my area (like the morning before)
    Steelerswit likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

And it is done

The Band and bezel have been switched out

One thing to note, the GW-225 Band and Bezel are actually pretty cheap (only set me back about $55 shipped) however the regular GW200 bezels seem to be going for $60 or $70 for just the bezel
    Attached Images Attached Images

cuffs, GaryK30, g-fob2 and 4 others like this.

well, if this G were in my hand, I would dye the resins to sunshine yellow using RIT dye, or to lighter black to save money from getting those black resins

why the resin set is cheaper than the bezel? because gold color is not popular choice for the Gshock crowd LOLz

Enjoy that new Frog!!
    calm down old man, it was only 10 years ago

(granted i have trouble remembering what i had for lunch the day before haha)
    Steelerswit likes this.
    the aritst formerly known as soulbridgemedia
    Whoisdisdointhissynthe tictypeofalphabetapsychedelicfunkin

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

Quote Originally Posted by journeyforce View Post
    Well my 25th anniversary Frogman arrived the other day. It is the one called Glorious Gold.

The watch was as described. However like all G-Shock with the clear jelly bands and bezels, the band and bezel were turning yellow. I was not bent out of shape with that because they all do it and this watch was 11 years old.

other then the yellowing bezel and band, the watch looked good.

Sadly for me, this watch like all other jelly band/bezel G-Shocks looked great in pictures but (at least for me) not so great in real life (looks like a childs toy instead of a diver spec watch)

A little looking on ebay, yielded me the bezel and band for the black and gold 25th Ann. version of the frogman so i bought them. Like the Glorious Gold Frog, the black bezel 25th Ann. Frog has the same golden case, case back, bezel attachment screws and buttons so it is a match.

The parts arrived fast from eBay and will be switched over by my watchmaker on Sat. I normally would do this but I need to order a new screw driver. Plus I am over there to pick up another watch so it is easier to hand him $5 or $10 to carefully change it over.

Here are pics of the parts
    if you still feel that way after wearing it, i'll happily give you $150 for it, with or without the resin :p
    Steelerswit likes this.
    the aritst formerly known as soulbridgemedia
    Whoisdisdointhissynthe tictypeofalphabetapsychedelicfunkin

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsu Tekubi View Post
    if you still feel that way after wearing it, i'll happily give you $150 for it, with or without the resin :p
    Sorry Sonny, you got out bid.

Sent from Capt Kirk's Communicator
    Dxnnis likes this.
    Call Sign - Wit
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    the benevolent caretaker of a halfway house for recovering G-Shocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    And the grand rehabilitator strikes again.
    For most of us, when we wear a bad-a** watch, the characteristics of the watch "bleed over" to us -- and suddenly, WE are bad-a**es!
    For some members here though -- like Steelerswit, and Kubr1ck -- they have so much inherent "bad-a**ery" that when they put on a bad-a** watch, the energy flows from them TO the watch, making the watch EVEN MORE bad-a**!!! Yes, it's a real scientific phenomenon that obscure mad scientists only recently discovered.

Smashing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here: gw-5000B-1jf, 16600, 30-st-135.003 | Gone: gw-5035a-1jf,
    sbbn025, 16660, 16600 (2), 14060, 16610, 16570 polar, 16570

Good move. Looks great

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information