My G-Shock need a paper clip to adjust the settings
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: My G-Shock need a paper clip to adjust the settings

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I love my DW-5600BB, but I need to use either a paperclip or pen to use the adjust button on the top left, it's so recessed. Is this normal? It's an inconvenience but not a dealbreaker for me. I wouldn't go back to the store with it because of this. It's rare that I use that button but it is annoying.

rmeron likes this.

Re: My G-Shock need a paper clip to adjust the settings

Dissemble the rubber case and clean the pushers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The picture looks kinda weird to me, it's like the whole bezel is off kilter.. Maybe it's the lighting.. Also ON MY SQUARE MODELS I use the side or hard part of my finger to push the buttons, I also use my fingernails.... I've never had a problem.
    I have a gw-5000 1jf, and until recently a gw-m5610bc-1jf.
    A inconvenience will develop into a dislike or something to avoid for me, I would get something else, I would at least take it back to the store definitely, just to compare it to a brand new one.
    Sent from my K92 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Slm643; April 2nd, 2019 at 15:54.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Slm643 View Post
    The picture looks kinda weird to me, it's like the whole bezel is off kilter.. Maybe it's the lighting.. Also ON MY SQUARE MODELS I use the side or hard part of my finger to push the buttons, I also use my fingernails.... I've never had a problem.
    I have a gw-5000 1jf, and until recently a gw-m5610bc-1jf.
    A inconvenience will develop into a dislike or something to avoid for me, I would get something else, I would at least take it back to the store definitely, just to compare it to a brand new one.

It's just the lighting. To be fair I'm not that bothered with a cheap watch and taking it back. It still works fine; I just have to remember to use a pen if I want to change it.

When I look at my gw-5000 1jf straight on, I can see all 4 buttons.. Even if it is on my wrist, I would say if you can't see one of them something is stuck or wrong.

It's normal for the adjust button to be recessed on the DW-5600. On these models, pressing the adjust button, rather than pressing and holding it, gets into adjust mode. It's designed this way on purpose. Some other models, like the DW-6900, have the same design.
    Tetsu Tekubi likes this.

I’ve had dw5600 and gwm5610. Never feel much of a hassle pushing any button. Maybe I have slimmer fingers? Is finger size going to be another metrics watch enthusiasts track in addition to wrist size?

completely normal so it doesnt accidentally get bumped. as you said, its a rarely used button so its no big deal.
    there was a thread awhile ago from someone complaining about the same thing but they were a habitual nail biter so they didnt have anything to press it with. but a key or coin or even twisting the buckle around would work in a pinch.

if it really annoys you, you can just buy the longer button pusher and swapped it over.
    One struck by lightning is not the same as by a baseball or cabbage.

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamnine View Post
    It's just the lighting. To be fair I'm not that bothered with a cheap watch and taking it back. It still works fine; I just have to remember to use a pen if I want to change it.
    Cheap watch? Get with the program dude. The set button is hard to access for a frigging reason.

Sent from Capt Kirk's Communicator
    Call sign: Wit
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

The reason why the settings button was recessed on the square and other pre 1995 models was because back then it was not possible for casio to have push and hold functionality with the buttons. So to avoid accidental activation of the settings function they made the settings buttons recessed, later on when they developed the function where you had to hold the button for a second before the function gets activated then it no longer was necessary to have those buttons recessed.

With that said the settings buttons should be flush with the case and there is a small cutout in the bezel to allow for a finger with finger nails to get access to that button. No pen nor paper clip should be necessary to operate it. On the picture you posted I can not see any of the buttons on the right side of the bezel. Those should be visible when looking at the watch from straight on. So it is possible the bezel on your watch is not seated properly (perhaps there is lot's of debris stuck underneath causing the bezel to expand slightly?). I would recommend that you remove the bezel and do a good cleaning of the case and bezel underneath and then put it back in place again. This might help and make it easier to push the buttons.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information