My G-Shock. Past/Present/Future.

Thread: My G-Shock. Past/Present/Future.

My G-Shock. Past/Present/Future.

My 1st G-Shock was the chunky DW-8300. This was bought a long time before the series Stargate hit here in the UK and served me well for a number of years. My wife seems to think that i still have it packed away in the loft... (why would i not keep it? )

A year or two into G-Shock ownership came a yellow DW-003, like the one below.

For some strange reason, when faced with changing the battery, i didn't get around to buying a battery, so it sat in pieces until i threw it away not long ago.

My 3rd G-Shock was the G-Cool GT-001. A present from the wife, that i chose, and didn't enjoy looking at, so i hid it away in a cupboard until recently.

My 'work watch' for 4 or more years has been this little blue BGX-200 Baby-G. I love this one as it's nice and compact, so doesn't get in the way at work.(and i don't mind it taking a beating)

Around 5 years ago i bought the wife a Baby-G. BG-142, in black. A dinky little watch that the wife used for a while, then gave up on. It's now re-powered and might become my work watch for a while.

Almost 2 years ago i bought a Casio Phys STR-210 off e-Bay. My 1st solar watch. Who'd have though it. Solar powered watches! Aren't Casio cool.
    It has only sat in full sun and taken a full charge twice. I can't ait for it to run down again!

A few weeks ago, when asked what i wanted for Christmas, i started to hunt for a new watch. Naturally, i turned straight to Casio and looked on e-Bay, as i find the selection of G-Shock here in the UK to be a little boring. (Any UK guys know any different, please pm me )
    So after the solar powered watch, i looked into the Atomic watch. Yesterday i placed a bid and won a Wave Ceptor GW-500u.

But, as we were shopping yesterday, i noticed a lonely looking MTG-900DU in a local jewelers window. Reduced from £150 to £50 . I thought it rude not to buy. I suppose i'll get a picture of that on Christmas day as it has been taken by the wife to be wrapped up.

Oh, and whilst i've been looking on e-Bay, i've bought another little Baby-G and a G-Lide(?), both second hand, in need of TLC.
    Last edited by mally; November 16th, 2007 at 13:22.

Re: My G-Shock. Past/Present/Future.

Wow, that is a lovely chronology of your affair with Casio watches and g-Shocks. I winced a little when you mentioned throwing the DW-003 away, because aside from resin rot and outright malfunction, I find it such a pity to throw a G-Shock away.

You know, each of your watch comes with a memory that is precious, so why would u want to sell the GT-001?

Anyway, it's nice to see that you're back on the wagon and the new watches you've chosen are great!!! I must also commend you for daring to wear a Baby-G, most men wouldn't be caught dead with one on their wrist

Wink Re: My G-Shock. Past/Present/Future.

Hi Mally,

I completely agree with GB2G. That BGX-200 is a very hard to find model. I had once to buy a 2nd red version. It was very hard to get one. My sister wears the dark blue version. She also lives near the sea, like me, so a Tidegraph i a handy tool here.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

doesnt it suck when your wife does that
    wife-well you now get that for xmas
    you-nah i want it now
    wife-no you have toi wait what you think we are made of money you get it for xmas
    lol

Terrific story mally. :thanks for sharing.

Welcome to the forum, Mally, its the many stories in our lives that are intertwined with watches, it was great reading your post.

*Nice that you share Baby G's with your wife, my wife's choices of Baby G's are white, white and more whites!

Thanks everyone. Yeah, i'm kinda kicking myself now about my 1st 2. Especially as the DW-8300 seems to be highly respected. Maybe over the Christmas break i'll have a good hunt for it.

My GW-500u turned up today and it looks and feels great on the wrist. It's my 1st full size G-Shock in a few years, it feels excellent to have a little weight hanging on the end of my arm.

Thread Information