My GA100-1A4 finally arrived from Casio

Thread: My GA100-1A4 finally arrived from Casio

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My GA100-1A4 finally arrived from Casio

As promised... the last of the three came in. This one seems more "EYE" friendly. I have been venting in the past on the lighting on these but this one seems to try and prove me wrong. More photos of this on my profile.

Last edited by Jimmy Mac!; April 6th, 2010 at 05:59. Reason: Added an idea. Added more photos
    -Jimmy Mac!-
    "Was She Looking At Me or Was She Looking at My G?"

Re: My GA100-1A4 finally arrived from Casio

Thats a nice watch jimmy I like how the middle eye looks like a speedometer. They should have called this the Aviator, does it have an EL or bulb to light it up.
    NFW AutoPilot, Steinhart Nav B-Uhr II 44 mm Automatic., Seiko "BFS" SNKF09. Seiko "Spork" SRP043K. Seiko SRP639KI & lots of G-Shocks.

Just looked through you album very nice collection. which of the GA 100 do you like best No Bumble Bee Also which pathy do you like more the 1500 or 2000

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by lotsofstufftogo View Post
    Thats a nice watch jimmy I like how the middle eye looks like a speedometer. They should have called this the Aviator, does it have an EL or bulb to light it up.
    Hi thanks. A Bulb. Out of the bottom of the display. Not bad on this one. On the Blue and Black? Very bad.
    -Jimmy Mac!-

Quote Originally Posted by JERSTERCA View Post
    Just looked through you album very nice collection. which of the GA 100 do you like best No Bumble Bee Also which pathy do you like more the 1500 or 2000
    Hi. Thanks for the compliment. I just received this one (Red, white and black) today. I'm really liking this one. But..... initially, I really liked the Blue and Black one. We will see as I tend to wear a new one for a whole 3 days! I can't see me wearing a Bumblebee. No disrespect towards anyone who likes them or wears them. Its just me. Regarding the Pathy's? I definately love the 1500 over the 2000. No questions about it. I like the beef in its size, and those buttons! I ordered the PAW1500Y-1 from another website for $50 less than Amazon. But they sold out and will have more within 5 weeks. I'm stoked in getting that! lastly and I know you didn't ask.... I'm melting over that GW-3000B-1AER. But the iPad just pushed that purchase back 3 months.
    -Jimmy Mac!-

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Mac! View Post
    Hi. Thanks for the compliment. I just received this one (Red, white and black) today. I'm really liking this one. But..... initially, I really liked the Blue and Black one. We will see as I tend to wear a new one for a whole 3 days! I can't see me wearing a Bumblebee. No disrespect towards anyone who likes them or wears them. Its just me. Regarding the Pathy's? I definately love the 1500 over the 2000. No questions about it. I like the beef in its size, and those buttons! I ordered the PAW1500Y-1 from another website for $50 less than Amazon. But they sold out and will have more within 5 weeks. I'm stoked in getting that! lastly and I know you didn't ask.... I'm melting over that GW-3000B-1AER. But the iPad just pushed that purchase back 3 months.
    I like the GW3000 and read that it will be a US release which normally means a better price I would like to see it in person as small sub dials are almost unreadable to me

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

As promised... the last of the three came in. This one seems more "EYE" friendly. I have been venting in the past on the lighting on these but this one seems to try and prove me wrong. More photos of this on my profile.

Nice Jimmy Mac
    Congrats on this one, Awesome
    I have one question for you.
    When you're in total darkness can you see the Red Hour Hand with the led light?????
    Keep us posted on this one please.
    Thanks for the awesome pics.
    KISS ALIVE The Tribute

http://www.kissalivethetribute.com

Z!
    No. I cannot see the red hand in total darkness with the light on. Only the second hand. But knowing what hour it is already, I can safely assume it is 8:20.
    Last edited by Jimmy Mac!; April 6th, 2010 at 06:27. Reason: Added an idea
    -Jimmy Mac!-

Z!
    No. I cannot see the red hand in total darkness with the light on. Only the second hand. But knowing what hour it is already, I can safely assume it is 8:20.
    Thanks Jimmy Mac, I was afraid of that. I had heard from other owners that this was an issue. I suppose if I pull the trigger on this one it'll be regarded as a day only watch. I might do it anyway but it'll take a back seat to a few others before I get to this one. I really like it, it looks good. I'm not so sure if I like the red buttons as opposed to say BLACK. It would make it easier to stealth. Now knowing that it has red buttons I'd have to keep it stock.
    Any other initial impressions you'd like to share ? Much appreciated.
    KISS ALIVE The Tribute

http://www.kissalivethetribute.com

Well, nothing new to report on this one. You pretty much summed it up Z on your review. You nailed it! I do like the lighter LCD. I can read these numbers with less strain. This particular one gives off a different look with it's red added. This G sure has presense. I'm liking it more and more. It's been on my wrist since I cracked her open from the G-shock tin. Aproximately 4 and 1/2 hours now. So, in closing I going to say, this is my fav, then the black and blue one, and last-- the Stealth.
    Last edited by Jimmy Mac!; April 6th, 2010 at 18:32. Reason: spelling
    -Jimmy Mac!-

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information