My GW2500, 4-watches, and the box?

Thread: My GW2500, 4-watches, and the box?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    MET

My GW2500, 4-watches, and the box?

In a previous thread "Anyone ever deal with 4-Watches on eBay?" I solicited information about this seller. Based on the comments that some of you have provided here's how it shakes out.
    I received 10 replies, and out of those, five were positive, two were neutral and three were negative.

So, basically I've got a 50/50 shot at a good experiance with these guys. Normally I'd walk away from that but, in these hard economic times I've got to get my G-Shock fix somehow. So, I decided to go for it. I went through e-Bay but, I bought myself a little insurance by sending them a message through e-bay asking if the item is new and if it comes with the original box with the manual and warranty card. This way if I get anything other than that I'll have something to go back to them with. My thinking might be naive but it's that little justification that is going to get me a fine timing instrument such as the GW2500-1A.

My only question now is how do I know if it came in the right box??

Seriously, if anyone knows what the box should look like and provide a few pics it would be most appreciated, and likewise when the little timekeeper arrives I will do the same.

Lastly, thanks to all who provided feedback on this seller. Your feedback was most helpful in making my decision, what to look out for, and how to proceed in making my purchase.

Cool Re: My GW2500, 4-watches, and the box?

I do not have a GW2500 but I have a GW2000BD which I got from Top One (last April). It came in the usual black outer box with a tin box inside that held the watch in a translucent plastic bag. Manual and warranty cards, no hang tag. I would expect that your GW2500 would come the same way.
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
    honi soit qui mal y pense
    http://forums.collectors.com/attachments//trozau_ani.gif
    gold - the barbarous relic!

Does anybody really know what time it is?
    Robert Lamm of the group Chicago, 1969

Re: My GW2500, 4-watches, and the box?

I've gotten the same model Frogman in no fewer than three different types of packaging. I'm not certain that you'd be able to hold a hard line on what type of box any Casio came in as long as it's not something bizarre that no one has ever seen like maybe an empty bag that used to have broccoli in it or a box from another manufacturer.

I'd say as long as you got it in "a" box the seller would have met his requirements. Now if you got a picture or description from him of a specific box that's a whole other issue. If that's the case you should rightfully expect the box in the image/description. If it was simply stated as "box" it's pretty open ended and as long as you get what could generally meet the standards of a box I'd say you don't have a lot of room to complain.

I used to fuss about the packaging a bit but never ended up wearing the boxes or using them to tell time so I'm much less troubled with the matter now.
    Last edited by natornate; August 23rd, 2009 at 15:46.
    -Nate
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
    -Albert Einstein

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by natornate View Post
    I've gotten the same model Frogman in no fewer than three different types of packaging. I'm not certain that you'd be able to hold a hard line on what type of box any Casio came in as long as it's not something bizarre that no one has ever seen like maybe an empty bag that used to have broccoli in it or a box from another manufacturer.

I'd say as long as you got it in "a" box the seller would have met his requirements. Now if you got a picture or description from him of a specific box that's a whole other issue. If that's the case you should rightfully expect the box in the image/description. If it was simply stated as "box" it's pretty open ended and as long as you get what could generally meet the standards of a box I'd say you don't have a lot of room to complain.

I used to fuss about the packaging a bit but never ended up wearing the boxes or using them to tell time so I'm much less troubled with the matter now.
    Well put

MET

I see your point, and it's very good one. However, if I deceide to sell or trade the watch in the future the "original box" would be helpful. When I wrote the seller I asked if it came with the "original box" and he responded yes. So in this case simply providing a box would not meet the requirement. Which brings me back to what box the GW2500-1A would come in from the manufacturer?

Quote Originally Posted by MET View Post
    I see your point, and it's very good one. However, if I deceide to sell or trade the watch in the future the "original box" would be helpful. When I wrote the seller I asked if it came with the "original box" and he responded yes. So in this case simply providing a box would not meet the requirement. Which brings me back to what box the GW2500-1A would come in from the manufacturer?
    I don't think Casio ships with "a box" for "a watch". It might be a simple cardboard box or a tin in a box. My experience is that it will have a Casio Logo and that is all I can count on.

To my experience and knowlege all Casio boxes have a official Casio barcode sticker on the underside or backside declaring the watch with item number and module number.
    I hope this helps with identification..
    Jurphaas
    G-Shock, when time counts....

Anyone have an eBay link to this seller? Best price I've found in the U.S. is NY Watchstore.

As I replied in the first thread I purchased a 25 Annv piece which should of come in a tin but came in the standard black box with no bar code identifier on the box! It might not have been so bad if I had gotten a real deal but it was only $10 bucks cheaper!

i just wanted to echo what some have previously written because i'm not sure it was clear. there is no official box for 95% of g-shocks. the glorious gold 5625 i bought directly from casio arrived in the generic, small gray/black g-shock box- even being a 25th anniversary model. i just looked at the casio boxes that happen to be within arm's reach (nine at the moment in five varieties) and none have a sticker for the model that was contained. the small boxes do have cutouts to show the model sticker on the plastic frame the watch was packaged with.
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information