My GW5000 did not sync in a week and not even trying..

Thread: My GW5000 did not sync in a week and not even trying..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My GW5000 did not sync in a week and not even trying..

RC is on

Battery is on H

Watch has been sitting in a drawer for a month now and I've turned it on almost daily just to verify sync wich has been consistent up until a week ago ( 5 days out of 6),then back in the drawer.

Watch has been sitting in a drawer along with 4 other Multibands that have more or less synced fine( my PRW did not miss a beat in 3 months).

While all others at 12.20 something AM attempt the first sync,the 5000 does not.

there's no RCVD thing displayed but it's clear that the watch did'nt even tune for hour/mins/secs only like some other times ( it's at +1 sec compared to others...)

I have attempted manual sync several times without success in the past 2 days,don't know if this action inhibits auto sync at night.

What is going on ?? . could it be that the watch went into a sort of furhter energy saving mode given the fact that it only had about half hour of light in about a month ??

scary scary scary.....it scares me the idea to fedexit back to Japan...
    Last edited by gettocard; September 12th, 2010 at 20:26.

Re: Bad !! My GW5000 did not sync in a week

Hmmmm. My frogman hasn't synced since 6/25/10. Maybe I should be worried too!

I'd say your experience of getting the watch to sync while in a drawer should be considered the exception, and not the rule. Try following the instructions; place the watch in a window sill, preferably facing in the general direction of the signal transmitter, and leave it there overnight. That's how these watches are intended to sync. Sometimes they'll grab a signal while in a drawer or cupboard, but not as reliably as they will if you leave them in a window sill.
    Hotel Clerk: Do you have seventeen dollars and a good watch?
    Del: No I don't. I have uh... two dollars... and a Casio.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    BREITLING: Navitimer Cosmonaute D22322 | CASIO: MTG-910DA, MTG-1200B, GW-200-2JF, GW-5000, GW-M5610, GW-9400 | IWC: Mark XVI 3255-01 | OMEGA: Seamaster Professional 2220.5000, Speedmaster Professional 311.30.42.30.01.005 | TAG HEUER: Formula 1 Chronograph CAU1111 | ZENITH: El Primero 1969 Chronomaster 03.2040.400

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by nuovorecord View Post
    I'd say your experience of getting the watch to sync while in a drawer should be considered the exception, and not the rule. Try following the instructions; place the watch in a window sill, preferably facing in the general direction of the signal transmitter, and leave it there overnight. That's how these watches are intended to sync. Sometimes they'll grab a signal while in a drawer or cupboard, but not as reliably as they will if you leave them in a window sill.
    been there,done that,not working

The main problem here is that the watch does'nt even go in reception mode,or at least not like all my others. Maybe it's just a different module that starts calibration later...don't know.
    Last edited by gettocard; September 12th, 2010 at 22:57.

Banned
    Brokeback Mountain, The Balkans, N. Korea, NY, The Middle East.....all the nice places on earth

Send it back. A $300 G-Shock that doesn't synchronize is not worth owning. Get yourself the $42 DW5600E-1V or the $58 G5600E Solar instead.

I wouldn't send it back yet. Didn't I read somwhere on here that the screwbacks with the metal casing don't recieve a signal as well as a plastic case? I would place it by the window, and see if it syncs then.

Banned
    Brokeback Mountain, The Balkans, N. Korea, NY, The Middle East.....all the nice places on earth

Quote Originally Posted by joetowel View Post
    I wouldn't send it back yet. Didn't I read somwhere on here that the screwbacks with the metal casing don't recieve a signal as well as a plastic case? I would place it by the window, and see if it syncs then.
    Then Casio shouldn't be building the GW5000 with a metal case if it's so hard to receive the signal.

Re: My GW5000 did not sync in a week and not even trying..

Place it in the window sill for more than one night and give it a chance to sync on more than one evening. I would also say you need to place it in a location that gets more direct light than a drawer.

If you look at my signature you will see that I have three atomics and they all need to be placed face out to receive a sync. In the case of my GW-M5600R it did not sync with my GW-5000 or GWX-5600 a few days ago. This was because I had it placed just a hair differently than my other two.

The likely hood your GW-5000 is broken is rare, OBTW buying a DW-5600E or G-5600 will not fix your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by joetowel View Post
    I've actually heard the opposite,metal casing works better for that ...

We'll see tonight,I had it on all day in the sun so it should be fully loaded. If I have to send it back to Chino I'm not going to ask for a replacement anyway

I just got mine yesterday and it didnt Synch last night either, but I have a problem getting my watches to Synch out here in Baltimore anyways, especially since I'm in the city. We'll see if I can manually do it on my deck later tonight.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information