My ideal G-Shock

Thread: My ideal G-Shock

My ideal G-Shock

My design for a G-Shock would have these features (but not limited to them):

1. All steel case. Some extra acrylic to protect the dial (as a raised bezel) would be okay also. Acrylic buttons would be okay. (I'm still not won over to the soft/rubber cases.)

2. Rubber/resin strap.

3. The strap holder could accommodate ANY other watch band (18 or 20mm), rather than being integrated.

I would basically like a general look of diver watches, but with an all digital dial. I don't necessarily want them to look *exactly* like a traditional watch case. I prefer the case design to be more like the typical G-Shocks, just with the modified case material and strap holder.
    ShockMister

Re: My ideal G-Shock

Quote Originally Posted by ShockMister View Post
    My design for a G-Shock would have these features (but not limited to them):

1. All steel case. Some extra acrylic to protect the dial (as a raised bezel) would be okay also. Acrylic buttons would be okay. (I'm still not won over to the soft/rubber cases.)

2. Rubber/resin strap.

3. The strap holder could accommodate ANY other watch band (18 or 20mm), rather than being integrated.

I would basically like a general look of diver watches, but with an all digital dial. I don't necessarily want them to look *exactly* like a traditional watch case. I prefer the case design to be more like the typical G-Shocks, just with the modified case material and strap holder.
    I'm with you on the regular strap idea. Would be pretty do-able now too now that Casio is using the new Gel impact absorber for the GX-56 series. Make a steel case, with normal lugs, impact Gel on the inside and all digital and I'd be there. Display could accomodate differeing modules too and fancy color schemes.

Hope Casio is listening...

Re: My ideal G-Shock

I think the closest thing there is would be the DW290. I realized just now that I basically described two watches from the past.

1. The original steel Timex Atlantis.

2. The vintage steel digital Casio that was like the Atlantis (but more squarish in shape) with a black raised bezel. 200M. I think it had a little emblem of a scuba diver on the dial. Sorry I can't remember the model name. It's considered one of those precursors to the GShock.

I'm surprised that there haven't been more of these types of watches. Especially since dive style watches have been so popular in recent years.
    ShockMister

Thread Information