My last watch...
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: My last watch...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My last watch...

I've been debating buying an aviator for some time now and it was between the GW3500B-1A and the GA1000FC-1A.

I've always wanted a watch with a compass and a thermometer, but from what I understand you need to take the watch off for several minutes to let it get to room temperature to get a correct reading, and the compass is more a battery draining gimmick as far as my real needs are concerned. My working days are behind me and I seldom leave the house, and when I do my car has built-in a digital compass and thermometer. I have an atomic clock with an outside temperature sensor too, not to mention owning a standard compass. I do like the metal bracelet though, so that was a strong selling point.

When it came to pulling the trigger I went with the GW3500B-1A. I figured there was less to go wrong with it, and it has solar power and atomic time features where the other one didn't. I got a good price on a new one from a seller on ebay with a 100% positive feedback for over 3000 sales, so I'm feeling pretty good about my choice.

Will it be my last watch though? Maybe, maybe not, but I'm planning on it. This was my first year getting into watches after not wearing one in over 10 years, and the fire that burned with such heat has cooled enough that I can step back and take a look at it from the standpoint of logic instead of obsession.

I have a nice collection of mostly Soviet era watches that numbers around 100 in total, including 8 other G-Shocks, 4 of which I bought this month. I was getting more wrist time out of them so it was a practical decision as much as anything to stick with G-Shocks. I thought by going ahead and buying the aviator now, that I could get that out of my system and make a honest and realistic promise to myself not to buy any more watches in the coming year. However, we all know how those New Year resolutions go...

I've never sold a watch, and have no regrets, but you have to know when to draw the line and I'm hoping this will be it.
    Last edited by OCDood; December 26th, 2013 at 21:51.
    JATO757, Chrisek, MCZK and 2 others like this.

Re: My last watch...

No, it will not be your last G. Ask from anyone on this forum ;)

Well, I do like the looks of the Rangeman, and that would have the thermometer, compass, and barometer...

It's really the only other one I'd like to have ATM, but I doubt the time ever comes there's a watch I wouldn't like to have.

I have a DW-5600E, GW-M5610, G-511 with bracelet, DW-6900FS, GW-1500, MTG-900, G-7900MS, and a G-9000 so it's not like I don't have a variety or one to wear.
    gripmaster likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Congrats on the gw3500b. I really like the looks of that model and it appears to be very easy to read the time at a glance. It's also reasonably priced compared to some of the other GW3500 models apparently due to the markets they were intended for.
    OCDood likes this.
    Greg

Congrats on the GW3500, I genuinely hope you enjoy it and it satisfies you the way you wish.

Completely agree on trying to draw the line between logic and obsession, and like your reasoning behind the purchase.

sent with aloha
    OCDood likes this.
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

Quote Originally Posted by greg1491 View Post
    Congrats on the gw3500b.It's also reasonably priced compared to some of the other GW3500 models apparently due to the markets they were intended for.
    I got it new for $174.99 and free shipping, which was the cheapest price of any of them on ebay. I've already talked to the guy who confirmed he has it and will ship first thing tomorrow by UPS.

It's the one I've wanted since I first saw the Aviator line months ago and I'm sure I'll be happy with it. I saw one in person at a jewelery store in the mall, I didn't try it on but I really liked the looks of the yellow and black color combo.

The big fun of g is about buying and selling (or renting, as if anyone prefers to call)... If you are not in the mood, just sell those watches you do not like and buy something new...
    OCDood and riffraff like this.

Quote Originally Posted by OCDood View Post
    I have a DW-5600E, GW-M5610, G-511 with bracelet, DW-6900FS, GW-1500, MTG-900, G-7900MS, and a G-9000 so it's not like I don't have a variety or one to wear.
    Sounds like someones collection needs couple of screwbacks to make it feel and look more "whole".
    OCDood and riffraff like this.

Quote Originally Posted by woshixiaozhu View Post
    The big fun of g is about buying and selling (or renting, as if anyone prefers to call)... If you are not in the mood, just sell those watches you do not like and buy something new...
    I've never sold a watch and doubt I ever will. Once they're paid for I consider them as not costing me anything just sitting there, even if I don't wear them often.

I do have a NOS Soviet era Poljot with the box, matching serial number, and certificate that has an integrated stainless steel bracelet that is uncomfortable tight on my 8" wrist I've thought about selling here or on ebay. The popularity and price of Russian watches has gone up in the past year. I'm sure I could at least break even should I ever decide to sell any of them, but it seems like more of a hassle than I'm ready to take on.

I've got a bunch of Hot Wheels that I customized I'd like to sell too if I ever do start selling anything on ebay.
    riffraff and Chrisek like this.

It looks like a cool watch! Congrats on your new G-Shock!
    OCDood likes this.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information