My low-end theory project (casio-Non-G)

Thread: My low-end theory project (casio-Non-G)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My low-end theory project (casio-Non-G)

As someone who has (too) many watches across the price spectrum, I wanted to try a test. Lately I have been admiring simple watches that don't have a wealth of features yet have certain design elements: numbers present on the dial, good contrast, a second hand, date, and a "military/pilot" look.

I have been looking around at the usual suspects, and I expect someday I will buy one of the more authentic and expensive representatives in this category. I have never owed a Quartz analog. Add the fact that I love the ability of Atomic-G-Shocks to sync and keep "perfect" time. So here is my interim-value solution. Marry an attractive $29 waveceptor with a NATO (18mm) band. The result is fine for me. Granted the face size seems very small compared to most watches in my collection. Still, I like the band and the combo. We'll see how well it works into my rotation.

Whaddaya think?
    :][: Rorschach HOS

Re: My low-end theory project (casio-Non-G)

Very nice watch! What is the model number? I think the LCD display ruins it a bit but it's still a very cool cheap watch. These minimalistic, military style watches have been appealing to me greatly since buying my dad a £15 Timex.

I like it. (I swapped second hands)

-Dave

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

A fine looking watch. Most of these low end affordable waveceptor watches are some of the best watches you can buy regardless of price. The key word is accuracy, which most watch makers can't even match. A lot of people, even on this forum, have little regard for these non G Casio watches.

Thanks chochachos!

Dave I like the hand swap, looks clean.
    :][: Rorschach HOS

Watch is nice, but the NATO just does not work for me. Interesting concept though.
    WhtShadow

Current Collection
    Casio 'non-G' 83QS-41, DW-1500, OAW-100TDJ, PAW-1300T,
    G-Shock GW-M5600, GW-800D, MTG-1000G,
    Bulova Accutron 214, Omega SMP 2232.80, Omega SMP 2255.80, Ball Engineer M Challenger, Traser Auto Pro,
    Seiko SDWB61, SNA139, SKA389, SKA296, Momentum Cobalt V Lite, Orient Mako Blue, Orient Mako USA 2 White,
    Victorinox (Swiss Army) Ground Force 60/60, Base Camp Ti

Works very well as a military-inspired look for me. And for the A Tribe Called Quest reference.
    Simon

WTB - More wrists

Simple, clean, nice. I like it...

Rorschach,
    I really like the simple look of that watch too! I too have too many watches, 3 of them in particular that pushed my budget when I bought them. I did a low-end purchase also, a Casio mw-600E (red face). An all resin/steel-backed watch with a somewhat overexposed crystal (it domes outward), and it does NOTHING but tell the time, not even a date. Less than $25 on the Casio website and only $17 with tax on sale at a local discount store. My goal with this is to see how an inexpensive Casio keeps time (already set it to NIST), and have a truly worry-free watch. It weighs less than 1/3rd of my Tissot T-touch and the battery is to last 10 years, 100m WR. We will see how it holds up with daily "beater" use, though I don't abuse any of my watches to any extent---and suprisingly I like the casual looks of it even in the office!
    Tag Heuer Aquaracer Quartz
    Oris
    BC3
    Tissot
    T-Touch
    Casio

DW 5600, GW 5600, GW 600
    DW 6900, GW 6900, GW 7900B
    DW 6500
    G 7700

Citizen Skyhawk Eco-Drive (Black Eagle)

If that's the same watch that I've seen in stores, then I think it has a very small look to it. Almost like a boy's watch. Traditionally, it wouldn't have seemed like a small watch, but I'm comparing it today's trend of extra-large watches.
    ShockMister

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information