my new ALIFE x G-Shock G5500AL-1

Thread: my new ALIFE x G-Shock G5500AL-1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

my new ALIFE x G-Shock G5500AL-1

...just got this in from the alife store located in the city of new york

looks like its sold out on the website -- luckily they had a couple left in their storefront
    PM me if you guys want me to get one for you ....it aint gonna be cheap though (but hurry up before its sold out in the store)

Last edited by bxstylez; December 31st, 2010 at 23:48.

Re: my new ALIFE x G-Shock G5500AL-1

And from their website, in case you're European and haven't heard of the brand:

"Alife is a lifestyle concept based on and in downtown New York City.

It is focused on art and creativity with a strong penchant for originality, even if that means stealing it.

Alife’s mission is to showcase, elevate and perpetuate the downtown culture from which it is born. Alife cannot be defined by one cultural movement alone.

Alife is art. THE SOURCE OF ART IS IN THE LIFE OF A PEOPLE."

So if anyone's got one that has fallen off the back of a lorry, I'm sure they will approve
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

Nice one.

That looks like the special limited edition one of which they only made 200 pieces.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

And in case you're American and haven't heard of a lorry, it's a truck.

DW6900CC-6..........DW6900-8DR..........G9000-8VDR
    GA100-1A2ER.........GW6900-B1............GD100MS-3
    GW002-BJ-1JF.........GX56-1A

What did those sell for?
    Last edited by Time4Fun; December 31st, 2010 at 02:01.

Quote Originally Posted by the wrong tone View Post
    And in case you're American and haven't heard of a lorry, it's a truck.

To my surprise, I learnt not long ago that lorry and truck were both once in use in Britain. There were some regional differences and slight differences in application, but the words were close to interchangeable.

Truck was more common in the West Country, but fell out of favour in the late 17th century. And what's in the West Country? Plymouth. And when did some people sail from Plymouth to the USA? The early 17th century.

So it looks as though the USA has preserved an English word that would otherwise have become entirely archaic.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

It looks really nice. btw I have sent you PM please check. THanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Time4Fun View Post
    What did those sell for?
    $99. I think cheapest shipping was around $5 and I didn't end up paying any tax.

Awesome catch! Thanks for the pics! I ordered mine 2 days ago, now I can't wait to see it in the flesh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post

To my surprise, I learnt not long ago that lorry and truck were both once in use in Britain. There were some regional differences and slight differences in application, but the words were close to interchangeable.

Truck was more common in the West Country, but fell out of favour in the late 17th century. And what's in the West Country? Plymouth. And when did some people sail from Plymouth to the USA? The early 17th century.

So it looks as though the USA has preserved an English word that would otherwise have become entirely archaic.
    The other day I pronounced tomato like an American. It sounded strange after 5 years of pronouncing it like a Brit. Today I asked my wife if the trash had been picked up instead of saying rubbish, or asking if the bin men had been by. I'm relapsing.
    Wear what you like.

I was thinking about ordering a couple of these off their website 2 days ago. Now they are sold out. It is similar to their previous design except now they have added a lightning bolt, which I don't care for (has strong associations with racism/ white power for some people). I wish they wouldn't make their collaborations so similar to each other. When people buy something limited, they expect it to be limited. It seems like a cheap trick to sell the same watch but just add a minor detail and call it another limited edition. Maybe I'm just bitter about not buying a couple. Could have probably flipped them on ebay :)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information