My new atomic Frogman
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: My new atomic Frogman

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My new atomic Frogman

OK guys, here's another GWF-1000. It came in last thursday.
    I already had a few G's and I wanted another one that's a little bigger. I have about 6,75"-wrists, and OK, a Frogman looks big, but too big? No, not really. I like the size of it.
    Compared to my GW-9110 Gulfman (about the same functions, except for the dive timer) it looks and feels definitely better. So it's expensive for a G, but it really is a great watch. I just love it.
    So I made some pics of it with some other watches from my collection, 'cause I know most of us like size comparisons.

Next to my Seiko Black Monster:

Next to my atomic Gulfman:

Next to my DW-5000SL:

Next to my TW Steel 604B:

The TW Steel is a 48 mm-watch (without crown) with a height of 15 mm. The Frogman is a little thicker (18 mm), but since the Frogman is not equally thick everywhere, it doesn't really looks much thicker. The TW Steel actually wears a little bigger than the G.

And finally next to my old DW-6700 (with dead battery):

The size of these watches is very comparable, though the lugs of the Frogman are wider apart. The DW-6700 is a little wider and also 18 mm thick.
    Feisar and FLEXX like this.

Re: My new atomic Frogman

One little con of the Frogman: the bezel is slightly damaged. You can see it in the first pic. It seems something rubbed against the upper parts of the bezel, so the resin isn't shiny anymore. The shiny stuff is rubbed off. Don't know if the seller sent it like that or it happened on it's trip from Japan to Europe. Or maybe even in postoffice in our capital where people from the taxes checked the package.

Edit:
    The package didn't arrive at my adress. Just asked and the outer box was unopend at the arrival. So, they didn't open it to check what's inside.
    Last edited by KarelVdD; July 18th, 2011 at 21:54.

Nice watch - great pics! Sorry to hear about the resin....can you make a claim or anything? I got shipping confirmation from Chino today for my Burning Red Frogman (first ever G-Shock!). I hope that the Post Office here leave it alone, but that's like hoping I'll win the lottery....

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by KarelVdD View Post
    Next to my Seiko Black Monster:
    That Frogman makes it look less Monsterly. ;)

Great looking watch, and given my similarly sized wrists makes me feel like I could maybe pull it off. Getting a GW200Z1 in the mail today which I know is a bit smaller, so we'll see how that goes before I start thinking about the current generation Frog.

It's subjective too off course. The Frog doesn't hug my wrist as my Gulfman, but in my opinion it's reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokona View Post
    Nice watch - great pics! Sorry to hear about the resin....can you make a claim or anything? I got shipping confirmation from Chino today for my Burning Red Frogman (first ever G-Shock!). I hope that the Post Office here leave it alone, but that's like hoping I'll win the lottery....
    Don't know. Bought it from Minigoo2006, and he has very positive feed-back. Maybe the damage happened on the way to Europe. It must have rubbed against something smooth (the watch box?), 'cause you can't feel it. You can only see it.

Just made a few other pics. The damage is pretty clear here:

Yeah I can just about see it - it is a shame. I know it's probably not what you want to do after having spent so much already, but I hear that you can buy spare bezels for that colour so at least over time if you accidentally damage it further yourself, you'll have spares? From my point of view, it still looks fantastic though and I hope the very minor rubbing doesn't spoil your enjoyment....

Quote Originally Posted by Mokona View Post
    Yeah I can just about see it - it is a shame. I know it's probably not what you want to do after having spent so much already, but I hear that you can buy spare bezels for that colour so at least over time if you accidentally damage it further yourself, you'll have spares? From my point of view, it still looks fantastic though and I hope the very minor rubbing doesn't spoil your enjoyment....
    I also thought about a spare bezel. Any idea how long these could be avaliable?
    If I would buy one, I'd prefer to do that in Europe.

Woah, you're talking to a newbie who doesn't even have a G shock yet and still can't figure out how to use that quote function!!! I think that tiktox in the UK sell the Frogman spares, but I hope the more senior members in the Forum can point you in the right direction!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information