My new case

Thread: My new case

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My new case

When I first joined I posted a picture I had of some of my watch collection, enspired by cutepape's case thread I went and bought a couple of them. I will say they are a little OTT for G-Shocks however it will save little silly scratches etc compared to how I had them stored before. I am currently fitting out the other case and it will have a few Casio's in it as I am wearing my chronograph (linked on here) and I have some more G's and Casio's somewhere

I may make the other case a double as the depth looks to be enough for 2 layers

Anyhow picture time!

Last edited by MarkMUK; November 13th, 2007 at 03:25. Reason: spelling

Wink Re: My new case

Hi Mark,

A nice collection. I see you like the good old DW-003's and DW-004's. Terrific, I love those too, they were the models that got me into G-Shock's.

What's that data bank like watch in the middle of the bottom row?

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Re: My new case

collection thanks for sharing kev

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Sjors, isnt that the remote control (infra red) watch for TV's, Hi-Fi's etc?

nice case, i may get one myself, just enough room for my G's.

Quote Originally Posted by Sjors View Post
    Hi Mark,

A nice collection. I see you like the good old DW-003's and DW-004's. Terrific, I love those too, they were the models that got me into G-Shock's.

What's that data bank like watch in the middle of the bottom row?

Cheers,

Sjors
    Quote Originally Posted by lee172 View Post
    Sjors, isnt that the remote control (infra red) watch for TV's, Hi-Fi's etc?

nice case, i may get one myself, just enough room for my G's.
    It is indeed a remote control for TV's etc...it works too just the thing to wear in a night club and swap channels on all the monitors

I have a Calculator one aswell all metal not the plastic version, fiddly as hell to actually use but heck i got it very very cheap

As for the cases, since they are so damned cheap @ £14.99 (in the current offer sheet for maplin) I am thinking of other jobs for them.

When I was in high school one of the kids had a remote watch. He kept turning the TVs on all day. The marketing teacher knew what was going on immediately. The English teacher was clueless.

How's that DB-36? (black one with gold trim bottom row third from the left) I've had several and they always intermittently fad when I press the front buttons. I've only got one that doesn't do that. I love that watch except for that problem, it just looks like a potential failure to me.
    Last edited by cdude; November 12th, 2007 at 06:37.
    SPROING!!!!

(oops! Time for a new watch!)

Quote Originally Posted by cdude View Post
    When I was in high school one of the kids had a remote watch. He kept turning the TVs on all day. The marketing teacher knew what was going on immediately. The English teacher was clueless.
    Imagine how the staff are when it happens in a club? One club I know had to remove all the infrared sensors on every screen after this happened one night. Strangely although there was a time when you could buy a particular model of tv with or without a remote, I know of a guy who had a certain TV that died so to replace it bought the slightly cheaper version without a remote and when it was home without thinking he picked up his old remote and it worked!! So although a similar model sold as NON remote controlled the sensor was included, this actually made for a £50 saving.

Quote Originally Posted by cdude View Post
    How's that DB-36? (black one with gold trim bottom row third from the left) I've had several and they always intermittently fad when I press the front buttons. I've only got one that doesn't do that. I love that watch except for that problem, it just looks like a potential failure to me.
    No idea I don't use it, I got it for pennies litrally and I think I wore it for a one night but it is way too light and small for me, so mine might be wating to fail but since it doesn't get used maybe not.
    A few of the other watches in the case of memo's and semi databases in them but I just use them to tell the time, these features in a watch are wasted on me as I simply buy for looks and sometimes like this watch, price.
    I have a couple that I regularly use the countdown timers on but only those watches none of the others, the BPM watch I have tried to use that feature (as it was the first G I bought) but much like an old drum machine I could only ever get to replicate Blue Monday it seems rather clunky to use, so I don't use that feature.

Nice collection Mark!!
    Got myself a 2nd case this weekend! They are OTT but hey.. they are quite cheap and they work
    /CutePape
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.” - James Byron Dean

That blue one with half the display reversed intrigues me.

Quote Originally Posted by cutepape View Post
    Nice collection Mark!!
    Got myself a 2nd case this weekend! They are OTT but hey.. they are quite cheap and they work
    Yes they do the job, as I have said I am looking at them for other things, not decided yet as some of the things to put in the case will mean too much dismantling or simply too big a case for the item...then I would have the storage issue for the cases themselves

Quote Originally Posted by bluegum View Post
    That blue one with half the display reversed intrigues me.
    This one? If so I posted it already on one of the Friday watch wearing threads. It is the BPM version

Last edited by MarkMUK; November 12th, 2007 at 20:25.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information