My new GW-M5610! <3
Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By AlxEllis

Thread: My new GW-M5610! <3

My new GW-M5610! <3

Now my little G-Shock collection is complete...for now! :P I now have a blingy one, a nice sporty one and this all-round reliable retro one! :)

Really loving it, the first solar powered atomic watch I've ever had, so I'm going to be studying the instruction manual like hell! but I am loving this, very retro and awesome, and I don't need to worry about battery life every time I push the light button...in the day...because I like to see it light up >.>.....xD!

Here is a wrist pic:

Name:  GShock.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  169.4 KB

I also love the red border, I think it adds a certain charm to it :)
    "A gentleman's choice of timepiece says as much about him as does his Saville Row suit."

Re: My new GW-M5610! <3

Quote Originally Posted by AlxEllis View Post
    Now my little G-Shock collection is complete...for now! :P I now have a blingy one, a nice sporty one and this all-round reliable retro one! :)

Really loving it, the first solar powered atomic watch I've ever had, so I'm going to be studying the instruction manual like hell! but I am loving this, very retro and awesome, and I don't need to worry about battery life every time I push the light button...in the day...because I like to see it light up >.>.....xD!

Here is a wrist pic:

Name:  GShock.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  169.4 KB

I also love the red border, I think it adds a certain charm to it :)
    Nice find AlxEllis!

But I think you need at least one collaboration model to make your collection more complete!

I could not help but notice your Miami Vice avatar. If you like that kind of Miami Art Deco estetics. Then I must recommend the Johhny Cupcake GD-X6900JC-3 coming out in the US next month:

Name:  Johnny-Cupcakes-x-G-SHOCK-Whip-Up-a-Tasty-GDX6900-1-.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  154.5 KB

I might go for that one as well!
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

Quote Originally Posted by Joakim Agren View Post
    Nice find AlxEllis!

But I think you need at least one collaboration model to make your collection more complete!

I could not help but notice your Miami Vice avatar. If you like that kind of Miami Art Deco estetics. Then I must recommend the Johhny Cupcake GD-X6900JC-3 coming out in the US next month:

Name:  Johnny-Cupcakes-x-G-SHOCK-Whip-Up-a-Tasty-GDX6900-1-.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  154.5 KB

I might go for that one as well!
    My god that looks awesome! no Miami drug lord should be without one! thanks for posting this! <3 I'll be putting this on my Santa list!

My santa list so far:

Johnny Cupcake G-Shock
    Another G-Shock
    Another G-Shock
    Maybe a Seiko to mix it up! Orange Monster would do nicely!

Yours sincerely

- That kid who ate your cookies and drank your milk all those years ago and still regrets it to this day
    "A gentleman's choice of timepiece says as much about him as does his Saville Row suit."

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Very nice!

Congrats!
    I might suggest GW-5000 to complete your collection :p

Quote Originally Posted by gzpermadi View Post
    Congrats!
    I might suggest GW-5000 to complete your collection :p
    One day <3 oh one day <3

Congrats! looks amazing.

I just got one too, I was on a Seiko automatic diver binge the last few years and I had a few reservations about buying a "plastic" quartz watch, but glad I did. It's so lightweight, has the same water resistance (200m), syncs to atomic time (no more +/- spd drift!), and I won't need to worry about batteries for a long time. It even costs less than servicing a cheap automatic, the value here is through the roof! What it lacks in bling and fashion, it more than makes up for with comfort, durability, and utility
    Truth has been spoken:
    Quote Originally Posted by javadave View Post
    Seiko divers are like crack. You start out with a monster or 007 and next thing you know you are selling your couch on Craigslist so that you can get a taste of a spring drive or marine master.
    WISH LIST: Omega 2221.80 / Grand Seiko SBGX115 / Rolex 16613

I forgot to add how impressed I am with this watch's atomic time reception. I read somewhere that some people think it uses your body as an antenna, sounds crazy but I just experienced it last night. It would get a low (L1) signal or no signal sitting on my desk or on my dresser, but I wore it to bed and it managed to sync from under my pillow and my head and through a small window facing away from the Colorado station!
    Truth has been spoken:
    Quote Originally Posted by javadave View Post
    Seiko divers are like crack. You start out with a monster or 007 and next thing you know you are selling your couch on Craigslist so that you can get a taste of a spring drive or marine master.
    WISH LIST: Omega 2221.80 / Grand Seiko SBGX115 / Rolex 16613

Quote Originally Posted by M1K3Z0R View Post
    I forgot to add how impressed I am with this watch's atomic time reception. I read somewhere that some people think it uses your body as an antenna, sounds crazy but I just experienced it last night. It would get a low (L1) signal or no signal sitting on my desk or on my dresser, but I wore it to bed and it managed to sync from under my pillow and my head and through a small window facing away from the Colorado station!
    That's insane! I tried mine today and was amazed that it was receiving a signal from miles away.

Combining an 80s design with modern technology is just a genius concept. I love this watch so much! <3

Thread Information