My new GWF-1000G 1JF Frogman has landed!

Thread: My new GWF-1000G 1JF Frogman has landed!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My new GWF-1000G 1JF Frogman has landed!

At last my new GWF-1000G-1JF Frogman has arrived and I am finding it almost impossible to keep it off my wrist!!

A few observations about the watch having lived with it for a couple of days ;

1) It would be nice for a top of the range Casio G-Shock for the current time to be shown it all modes - missing from world time, stop watch and timer modes

2) I would like the charge level indicator of the watch to be shown like it was on the previous frogmans - a digital battery picture is somehow more satisfying!!

3) I would also like the alarm and hourly time signal indicators to be shown as 'classic icons' like on old school casio's. The small bell (signal) and beep icon (alarm) and nicer touches for me.

I have just bought a classic casio W-59-1VX (paid £7.00 for it as opposed to £480 for the froggie!! :oops:) which have the icons above and they would look great on the Frogman as well IMHO.

Anyway I'm having a great time with my wonderful froggie - wrist pics to prove it including one comapring it to my vintage colors riseman

Watch this space for a comparison wrist pics of the GWF-1000G-1JF vs W-59-1VX - a true David vs Golliath contest!!!

Re: My new GWF-1000G 1JF Frogman has landed!

beautiful! Congratulations! I agree that the time should be displayed in all modes... that's why i love older modules. I'd like to keep track of the time while using the stopwatch mode during exercise.
    Last edited by Alexeibc; September 17th, 2010 at 23:16.

Looking good Congrats on your new Froggy.
    Mechagodzilla find me a G-Shock in Tokyo!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeibc View Post
    beautiful! Congratulations! I agree that the time should be displayed in all modes... that's why i love older modules. I'd like to keep track of the time while using the stopwatch mode during exercise.
    The PRW-2000/PRG-200 does that, in all modes. I keep having to remember not to cycle back to home time, 'cos the time is already there!

I'm still hoping to see a Frog one day. I've never even seen one in real life. Never been in a shop that has one :(
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

That GW-9200CDJ is quite nice as well....

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Maine View Post
    The PRW-2000/PRG-200 does that, in all modes. I keep having to remember not to cycle back to home time, 'cos the time is already there!

I'm still hoping to see a Frog one day. I've never even seen one in real life. Never been in a shop that has one :(

I don't think us brits will ever see any kind of froggie in a shop

I think showing the time in all modes should be a 'given' for all g-shocks so the frogman should definately be showing the way..................!!
    Last edited by chas38; September 17th, 2010 at 23:53. Reason: spelling mistake

Grats! I love mine to! Enjoy!!! Thanks for pics!!
    -Jimmy Mac!-
    "Was She Looking At Me or Was She Looking at My G?"

I was looking at this froggie on the bay and decided to search the forum for some real life photos. Thanks for sharing and congrats on your new watch.

Looking forward to the David v Goliath photos.
    Visit <<Seiko Divers on facebook>>. Just what every Seiko fan needs. Another place to spread the Seiko madness.

Thanks for showing the pics. If you use the dive timer mode for a stopwatch, it does display the current time. Not perfect, but it helps a little. Anyway, it is a great watch.

That's a nice G, thanks for sharing !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information