My new (to me) daily beater
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By vala
  • 2 Post By MDPlatts

Thread: My new (to me) daily beater

My new (to me) daily beater

Well after 6 months of constant use my King was starting to lose its appeal as a daily beater. It was ideal as I moved on from my Suunto Core as it was large and had a negative display plus didn't have all the bells and whistles (with regards to function) which is what made me change from the Core.
    So after briefly being tempted by the 9300 Mudman (Even though I have no use for any of the features there's just something about it), I decided to go with something from the 5600 range. Shortly after purchasing the King I was attracted to this range so it was inevitable I would end up acquiring one.

And so, after a bit of searching I was tempted with the 'MS' version however whilst browsing eBay a GW-M5600 popped up. After a few enquires with the seller they popped up a 'buy it now' price and I snapped it up for £64 delivered.

First impressions when I opened the box was.....it's pretty small! Then again for the past 4 years or so I've been used to a circa 50mm watch as a daily (and occasional) wearer. It's very light as well, in fact as I type it's on my wrist and you can easily forget it's there. Not so with the King!
    Feature wise it does the job. All I ever use is the time function and on occasion the CDT where 60mins is more then enough. I do like however the 5 sec countdown that you can use with the stopwatch.
    It will be interesting to see if the time sync's at night as I tend to not take off my watch so will be interesting to see whether it sync's. Not too fussed however as I can always do a manual sync if and when I choose. To be honest aside from setting my King when I received it, I've never gone back to adjusting the time, thus it's 49 secs ahead 6 months later. Still inside the +/-15secs a month Casio claim.
    I can see this being the daily wearer for a while. I won't ignore the fact I'lll probably be tempted with other models (and may well purchase them) but for the time being i'm satisfied.

Here's a pic with the King and on the wrist

Last edited by vala; June 1st, 2012 at 18:30.
    stockae92 likes this.

Re: My new (to me) daily beater

Looks good! It'll be hard to not to keep wearing it, enjoy.

Congrats on the GWM5600! I think you made a great choice. It looks perfect on your wrist in that pic. I've also had a king in the past and it was just way too big for me. Other than the size, I loved the king, but it was the only watch that was immediately spotted by my friends and "laughed at". I laughed along and agreed the watch was ridiculously huge for me(7in wrist), and decided to sell it shortly thereafter. The 5600/5000 series is by far my favorite. It will continue to grow on you over time. The display is simple, well laid out, and without all the other Gshock gimmicky circles, dials, and graphs. It's a no nonsense classic that is comfortable to wear and looks good in any situation. Enjoy it! I'm lovin mine to death

Last edited by scooby; June 1st, 2012 at 16:08.
    C

"Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate, so we can buy [email protected]# we don't need" - Tyler Durden

"I have beaters for my beaters" -Me

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338559861.241880.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  109.4 KB

Great choice, you will only grow to love it more over time. It's much more understated that the King (or pretty much any other G for that matter) ad a great daily watch. Congrats!

Great watch and price you have paid for it is really low. You shouldn't be worried about watch not synchronizing while sleeping. I sleep with my GW-6900 on and it syncs properly every night.
    Have a great day!

Thanks for the replies.
    I'm very happy with the watch and the price I paid for it.
    I think it'll take a few days to get used to the size difference especially since I've been so use for so long to bigger watches. I can see why folk who already had a 5600 made the King out to be so large, compared to this its a gigantic!
    It's definitely a winner when it comes to it's functions for what I need from a daily watch.

Only problem is the M5610's are calling to you (comparison with a M5600BC + scratches)...
    Attached Images Attached Images

kurzjak and andrew&7 like this.

Thread Information