My new Mudmaster GG-1000 and wondering if any GWG owners had fogging issues........
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By katoaspire555
  • 2 Post By Time4Playnow
  • 2 Post By WES51

Thread: My new Mudmaster GG-1000 and wondering if any GWG owners had fogging issues........

My new Mudmaster GG-1000 and wondering if any GWG owners had fogging issues........

Contemplating getting the GWG but wondering if it will fog up like my Gulfman did as a result of the design of the crown........??
    Attached Images Attached Images

ccm123 likes this.

Re: My new Mudmaster GG-1000 and wondering if any GWG owners had fogging issues........

never happened to my gwg, i think this is more a error than a design flaw
    "Unum Non Satis"

Re: My new Mudmaster GG-1000 and wondering if any GWG owners had fogging issues........

The GWG-1000 has a completely different crown than the GWN-1000. The GWG's crown is screw-down. I've never had any fogging issues with my GWGs.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

OP, TO ME your question sounds to me as if there were some fogging and non-fogging watches in Casio's lineup. That is NOT true.

From what I have read here on WUS so far, fogging as a part of a manufacturing error or defect can happen to almost any watch.

Yes, I have heard of one fogging brand new GWG, which does not mean anything and is not representative.

if it happens to one, ALL CASIO's are garbage, havent you ever read the web? if its on the web, its true!
    Call Sign - Wit
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    the benevolent caretaker of a halfway house for recovering G-Shocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    And the grand rehabilitator strikes again.

I've never had fogging of either the GWG, or the GWN.

Timepieces

2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN 1000H 9AJF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN Q1000NV 2AJF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN Q1000MB 1AJF
    ​2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWN Q1000K 7AJR ICERC
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWG 1000DC 1A5JF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GWF D1000NV 2JF
    2017 CASIO G SHOCK GW 9300DC
    2017 CASIO EDIFICE EF 305 1AV
    1990 ROLEX GMT II M16713LN STAINLESS/GOLD

Didn't realize GWG had screw down crown.........good to know.........Thanks all......

Quote Originally Posted by katoaspire555 View Post
    Didn't realize GWG had screw down crown.........good to know.........Thanks all......
    ...and when you unscrew the crown (or unlock the crown on the quick lock version) there is another seal around the shaft, just like on your pushers of your other watches.

Which by the way makes any (on other threads read) suggestion of leaving the crown open, so that the watch can dry out pretty much useless.

I was told not to let the crown open when moisture is present, otherwise moisture may find it's way inside the watch and I thought a lot about how that could be possible. I believe the issue is that when you close/tighten down the crown some of the (trapped between seals) moisture might be pressed inside the watch.

Anyhow, just as a side note. It might be worth opening a new thread about the issue or who knows maybe such thread/info already exist on this or another subforum.

^agreed. there would be at least two gaskets on the stalk for the crown, just like the buttons. i doubt having a screw down or a lock would make that much of a difference.

op - heaps of threads here about water vapour/misting, just remove the back, let it air out in a dry place (you can even place it in a container of rice or those moisture absorbing satchels if you want to go overboard) for a half a day or so and it should be all good
    the aritst formerly known as soulbridgemedia
    Whoisdisdointhissynthe tictypeofalphabetapsychedelicfunkin

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

That happened to my GWG-1000GB, and the case had to be replaced. Fortunately for me, It was under warranty and Casio covered it.

Thread Information