My new obsession

Thread: My new obsession

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My new obsession

Hi I've been lurking for some time now between here and the Seiko forums for some time now.
    I recently picked up a Waveceptor (WV200a) to wear as a "beater" and as a change up from my normal rotation of automatics for yard work etc. I have to admit I fell in love with my $50 dollar plastic watch so much I came over here to find out a little more about the hype surrounding the various G-shock models. Shortly after reading up on what is what I purchased my first G, the cult classic DW6900. I am throughly impressed, all this for under 60 bucks! Yes my friends I have taking the bait hook, line and sinker I guess you could call me a G convert.
    Now, I have no intention of giving up my love for automatic watches. But I do see them getting a bit less wrist time, especially as my collection of G-shocks will continue to grow!

Off to go hunt down a Mudman or maybe a Gulfman or a...... Well you get the point.

Re: My new obsession

G'day mate. Welcome to the G addiction...

Welcome!
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Killintime View Post
    Hi I've been lurking for some time now between here and the Seiko forums for some time now.
    I recently picked up a Waveceptor (WV200a) to wear as a "beater" and as a change up from my normal rotation of automatics for yard work etc. I have to admit I fell in love with my $50 dollar plastic watch so much I came over here to find out a little more about the hype surrounding the various G-shock models. Shortly after reading up on what is what I purchased my first G, the cult classic DW6900. I am throughly impressed, all this for under 60 bucks! Yes my friends I have taking the bait hook, line and sinker I guess you could call me a G convert.
    Now, I have no intention of giving up my love for automatic watches. But I do see them getting a bit less wrist time, especially as my collection of G-shocks will continue to grow!

Off to go hunt down a Mudman or maybe a Gulfman or a...... Well you get the point.
    I hear you! I love SEIKO's and most of mine are auto divers, but these G's are really groovy, and addictive!

Moderator G-Shock Forum

The solar atomic G-Shock is the automatic for us geeks.

For me an automatic (also own several seikos and citizens) and a solar one are designed for the same reason:
    The user shoulnd have to worry about watch movement power supply.

yeah that makes sense I suppose, that whole power supply thing, never really thought of it that way

Welcome! And Congratulations! Enjoy your G's, and the rest of your collection, they are all good!
    WhtShadow

Current Collection
    Casio 'non-G' 83QS-41, DW-1500, OAW-100TDJ, PAW-1300T,
    G-Shock GW-M5600, GW-800D, MTG-1000G,
    Bulova Accutron 214, Omega SMP 2232.80, Omega SMP 2255.80, Ball Engineer M Challenger, Traser Auto Pro,
    Seiko SDWB61, SNA139, SKA389, SKA296, Momentum Cobalt V Lite, Orient Mako Blue, Orient Mako USA 2 White,
    Victorinox (Swiss Army) Ground Force 60/60, Base Camp Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Killintime View Post

I also have caught the Casio bug. I bought the Marlinator ( a fav on the dive forum) a month ago and have had more fun with this $47 watch than I have with my more expensive watches which I am selling off. Quite frankly I can't see how Casio can make such a well built watch for so cheap. Now I want to get a G-Shock. Thinkng about the traditional one from the 80s (not sure what you call it) or a Riseman. I really like the features on the Riseman. The best thing about Casio is bang for your buck. I always thought Seiko was the best bfyb but I believe Casio is the best now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by d2mac View Post
    The solar atomic G-Shock is the automatic for us geeks.

For me an automatic (also own several seikos and citizens) and a solar one are designed for the same reason:
    The user shoulnd have to worry about watch movement power supply.
    That is definitely the direction I'm heading. I'm back and forth between the Mudman and the rally variation.
    Last edited by Killintime; April 23rd, 2009 at 14:38.

Quote Originally Posted by YODAHAWK View Post
    I also have caught the Casio bug. I bought the Marlinator ( a fav on the dive forum) a month ago and have had more fun with this $47 watch than I have with my more expensive watches which I am selling off. Quite frankly I can't see how Casio can make such a well built watch for so cheap. Now I want to get a G-Shock. Thinkng about the traditional one from the 80s (not sure what you call it) or a Riseman. I really like the features on the Riseman. The best thing about Casio is bang for your buck. I always thought Seiko was the best bfyb but I believe Casio is the best now.
    i have to agreeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    watches are meant to tell times..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information