My new Riseman - new band?

Thread: My new Riseman - new band?

My new Riseman - new band?

Hi folks,

last week my Riseman arrived and I am overwhelmed... it's a great watch and I love it. I do not regret I send the 7710 back

Pictures will come soon... I am very busy at work in the moment and the heat in Germany makes me lazy and dull.

I am thinking about changing the strap of the Riseman. I have a really small wrist and the end of the strap is sticking off. I can't explain it, wrist-shot will follow.

So which Casio-strap is applicable? I am able to put a NATO-strap on the Riseman?

Thanks for your help

Did I already say I love my Riseman?
    My watches:
    Sinn 104 St Sa A | Casio CBX-1000 | Casio WV-M120 | Junghans Mega1 | Junghans Olympic

Re: My new Riseman - new band?

Congrats Cypher! I just got mine a few days ago and am also very happy so far. Hey I don't know much about bands but what hole are you wearing yours on? My wrist is 7" and I wear mine in the sixth hole. Just curious because I can see where you would have a problem if you got down to the 5th or 4th hole. Enjoy your new watch.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

hi cypher,

na alles klar in koblenz?

the band can be changed but you need adapters to do so. unfortunately i have no idea where to get them and you probably know that casio germany isn't of any help either. anyway, in this thread you can see a nice picture, how a riseman looks on a zulu:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthr...t=riseman+nato

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

@thegrants82

I am wearing the Riseman at the 5th hole, only when biking I use the 6th because I like it more loose on the bike ;)

@cal..45

Tierisch heiß... und dann auch noch ein Büro ohne Klima

Thanks for the post... looks fine, so I have to take a look for these adapters.

The other solution would be just to cut off the small piece.
    I've done it already on my M5600, 'cause every band is too long for me.
    But I like the end which is thicker than the rest of the strap of the Riseman to prevent a lost of the watch.
    My watches:
    Sinn 104 St Sa A | Casio CBX-1000 | Casio WV-M120 | Junghans Mega1 | Junghans Olympic

Another solution is to keep the band and wear it at the most comfortable hole. I have the same problem sometimes, the strap end pokes up a bit too far. The solution is to go to a local hardware store and get a cheap pack of O-rings that you would use for plumbing. Slide an O-ring along so that it will act as a second strap keeper and it'll keep the strap from poking out too far. :)

Kev

Cypher,
    Hey here is what I did. I use the sixth hole because the fifth is just a tad too tight. The sixth hole is just a tad too loose though. I put mine on the fifth hole to see what you were talking about and yes that is the point where the strap and keeper just cant work right together because of the excess. What I did with my Riseman is put another strap keeper on for a total of two. I started doing this with my mudman and it solved the wandering keeper issue but what I also noticed is that it makes the watch fit a little tighter. Try this if you get the chance. Kind of a desperation move for me with my mudman because I just couldn't bring myself to cutting the strap and honestly the dual keeper thing worked perfect for me. You have a good point Cypher and I found out the same thing. The sixth hole on a Riseman is kind of as small as you can go to be able to use the strap correctly. Oh one other thing for future reference if you need it. The mud and rise straps are the same length!

Here are a few pictures of my setup. Still amazed at how nice this thing looks on my 7" wrist. Enjoy your Riseman!

Good luck!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yes, this seems to be a practicable solution. Fortunately the strap holder is not wandering, it's just the look, but I don't want to cut the strap. Tomorrow I will take some pictures to show what I mean.

At the moment the look is annoying, but when the sticky end is getting tanlged up in my sleeves, I will look for a solution.

But at the moment I will enjoy the summer and the look of my new Riseman

@thegrants82
    BTW: Congrats to your Riseman, it looks really nice at your wrist!!!
    Last edited by l_cypher; July 13th, 2010 at 23:03.
    My watches:

Thread Information