My New Watch - Sea Pathfinder!

Thread: My New Watch - Sea Pathfinder!

My New Watch - Sea Pathfinder!

Here is a picture of my new watch - a Casio Sea Pathfinder in Titanium... It is big and awesome!

(My user account on this forum had obviously been deleted since the last time I was here, but I managed to register the same user name again)

Inactive

Re: My New Watch - Sea Pathfinder!

SciFi, Nice pic and watch! I've got the "cousin" of that one - the Protrek in ti PRG80T. What are some of the features on that one?

Quote Originally Posted by BSears
    SciFi, Nice pic and watch! I've got the "cousin" of that one - the Protrek in ti PRG80T. What are some of the features on that one?
    It seems like this series has lots of fans :) My new watch has lots of functions, but I bought it because I cannot wear big colorful G-shocks for all serious occasions. Its main functions are watch, compass, barometer, thermometer and depth. I haven't really tried the compass outdoors yet, but it doesn't work in my apartment. (too many strong magnetic fields I guess).

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by SciFi View Post
    Here is a picture of my new watch - a Casio Sea Pathfinder in Titanium... It is big and awesome!

(My user account on this forum had obviously been deleted since the last time I was here, but I managed to register the same user name again)
    Hi SciFi, and hi everyone in this forum,

I'm pretty new here, and I was searching infos about the SPF70T-7V and the SPW-1000-2VER, 'cause both are readly available in my hometown, when I found this post, which is almost an year old, , and where your new watch seeems to be an SPF70T-7V, so I thought I could ask you a question very important for me: is it possible to press the buttons your of the watch underwater? I've searched in the online manual, which states that is not possible, and I've also asked at Casio US & Europe getting two different answers: Yes it's possible, and no it's not, so now I'm a bit confused ...
    In your experience, and/or following your printed manual, is it possible to press those buttons underwater???

I can imagine this question being asked a lot, but I really need to be sure about the 2 models I'm interested in, or at least about the SPF70T-7V, which is the one I prefer, as for the titanium band...

Hope you can answer me... Bye...

SK

Wink Re: My New Watch - Sea Pathfinder!

Hi SK,

Welcome to our G-Shock forum. You found a very old thread :-D. I can't imagine a reason why a watch with a depth gauge can't be operated under water. I think SeaPathfinders are made for use on and underwater, so I guess it's safe to do. Better is to activate the auto-illuminator while diving.

I have no experience with SeaPathfinders. I think the Depth gauge is probably the most important function. I guess the time will be also shown somewere

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Sjors View Post
    Hi SK,

Welcome to our G-Shock forum.
    Thank You so much,
    You found a very old thread :-D.
    Yeah, quite old indeed... Googlin' and searching... Maybe you know what I mean, and that photo just stopped me... That's THE watch I'd like - and I can - buy!!! [same price range, more or less, of the SPW-1000-2VER]
    I can't imagine a reason why a watch with a depth gauge can't be operated under water. I think SeaPathfinders are made for use on and underwater, so I guess it's safe to do.
    So do I, but, well, online manual and European e-mail support seem to disagree with this point of view!!!
    Better is to activate the auto-illuminator while diving.
    Yeah, that's right!!! I like to swim when sun goes down, so I'd be fine with the ability to operate with the compass when in depth mode...
    I have no experience with SeaPathfinders. I think the Depth gauge is probably the most important function.
    Definitetly, but in my opinion, possibility to use compass came first...
    I guess the time will be also shown somewere
    So do I...
    Cheers,
    Sjors
    :thanks a lot for Your answer... Bye,
    SK

Thread Information