My Next G-Shock Project

Thread: My Next G-Shock Project

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My Next G-Shock Project

This next project will result in two special G-shocks for me. I'll be starting off with a DW-5025B-7V, from the Rising White series. This a basically another screwback reissue, but this time with white resin and gold accents. The other watch for the project will be a basic DW-5600E-1V.

The DW-5600's black bezel will be stealthed and swapped onto the DW-5025. The lettering on the white bezel will be painted black, and thrown onto the DW-5600E.

Then the buckles of the two straps will be swapped, so the black strap gets a nice gold buckle, and white strap gets a silver buckle. The black strap with gold buckle will go on the DW-5025, and white strap with silver buckle will go onto the DW-5600E.

Afterwards, the white strap and bezel will be dyed yellow, by using RIT dye. I'm doing this just because I've always wanted a yellow square G-Shock. There are times when you just need a yellow G to brighten up your day.

I am certain that the now black and gold DW-5025 will be getting a black metal crystal protector. I'm not sure whether the yellow and silver DW-5600E will get one or not. I'll have to wait and see. I only have two crystal protectors, so I have to be stingy with them.

I expect everything to go fine, but there are one or two possible issues. The reverse display of the DW-5025 may not be to my liking. It looks bold enough for good legibility, but you never know until you see it in person. So as a "Plan B" contingency, I have also ordered a DW-5600EG-9, the basic gold version of the DW-5600E. If the reverse display doesn't work out, I will swap the positive gold display of the EG-9 into the DW-5025.

The EG-9 also gives me some flexibility in terms of bezel choice for the DW-5025. If the stealthed bezel doesn't look quite right, the EG-9 bezel, with its gold painted lettering, might look very nice on the DW-5025.

Now all I have to do is wait. The EG-9 is on order from Overstock.com, and the DW-5025 is on order from Casio. Hopefully, the project will be completed in th next couple weeks.

Wink Re: My Next G-Shock Project

Hi Buzz,

That sounds very interesting. I think I almost don't dare to touch my GW-5525B when I got it, but you sound like one brave man! I'm looking forward to see the yellow DW-5600... Good luck on your experiment

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Re: My Next G-Shock Project

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzbait View Post
    This next project will result in two special G-shocks for me. I'll be starting off with a DW-5025B-7V, from the Rising White series. This a basically another screwback reissue, but this time with white resin and gold accents. The other watch for the project will be a basic DW-5600E-1V.

The DW-5600's black bezel will be stealthed and swapped onto the DW-5025. The lettering on the white bezel will be painted black, and thrown onto the DW-5600E.

Then the buckles of the two straps will be swapped, so the black strap gets a nice gold buckle, and white strap gets a silver buckle. The black strap with gold buckle will go on the DW-5025, and white strap with silver buckle will go onto the DW-5600E.

Afterwards, the white strap and bezel will be dyed yellow, by using RIT dye. I'm doing this just because I've always wanted a yellow square G-Shock. There are times when you just need a yellow G to brighten up your day.

I am certain that the now black and gold DW-5025 will be getting a black metal crystal protector. I'm not sure whether the yellow and silver DW-5600E will get one or not. I'll have to wait and see. I only have two crystal protectors, so I have to be stingy with them.

I expect everything to go fine, but there are one or two possible issues. The reverse display of the DW-5025 may not be to my liking. It looks bold enough for good legibility, but you never know until you see it in person. So as a "Plan B" contingency, I have also ordered a DW-5600EG-9, the basic gold version of the DW-5600E. If the reverse display doesn't work out, I will swap the positive gold display of the EG-9 into the DW-5025.

The EG-9 also gives me some flexibility in terms of bezel choice for the DW-5025. If the stealthed bezel doesn't look quite right, the EG-9 bezel, with its gold painted lettering, might look very nice on the DW-5025.

Now all I have to do is wait. The EG-9 is on order from Overstock.com, and the DW-5025 is on order from Casio. Hopefully, the project will be completed in th next couple weeks.

Now there is a person who knows what they want!
    I am looking forward to seeing pics of your new creations buzzbait.
    Real men don't need instructions.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi Buzzbait, the bezel on the DW-5600E fits these re-issue screwbacks? Very cool idea.

Quote Originally Posted by mholje View Post
    Hi Buzzbait, the bezel on the DW-5600E fits these re-issue screwbacks? Very cool idea.
    I'm not positive, but am 95% sure. I'll fill in that extra 5% when the reissue arrives.

I too have wanted a yellow DW-5600 but the only ones I have seen for sale on eBay had a black band keeper and I being somewhat of a color snob I guess wanted one with a yellow band keeper. Good luck with your project.
    Own
    DW-5200, DW-5300, DW-5600E, GW-5600J, DW-6100

Seeking
    DW-5200 Crystal (PM me if you have one)

My DW-5025B will be arriving late this afternoon. The mad scientist begins tonight!!!!

All Hail the crazy madness that is Buzzbait!

Hi Buzzbait, don't think the 5600E shroud will fit & almost positive the band won't fit. 5600C shrould & bands "should" fit & can be found on Ebay, but I can't be sure without digging them out of my watch boxes.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information