my review of the gulfman dw-9700

Thread: my review of the gulfman dw-9700

my review of the gulfman dw-9700

Hello.

After reading lots of information from frogmans and raysmans, here is a review of another member of the masters of G-series which I like a lot but stands a bit in the shadows from the two other giants.

Its the old casio gulfman dw-9700, which is a rare to find model now.
    As the two others powered by solar energy with the big ML2016-battery it has the basic functions as 5 Multi-Alarms, 24h-Stop-watch and 24h-Countdown-timer, which can be set to the second and includes auto-repeat and a 10 seconds-beep-function.
    As extra function it has a tide graph, moon-data and sunset-sunrise information. (Must be programmed to local hometown but this is a bit complex to explain for me)
    Additionally it has information of 10 different famous multi-time-zones, which can be reprogrammed.
    Another thing I like, the stop-watch shows the time too, unfortunately not in any other mode.
    Time and date are shown in main menu simultaneously, too. But not the year. But most time, I know which year is. I dont miss the 5th light button, because you can turn your wrist and the light shines.
    The accuracy is very good; much better than any other non-atomic g-shocks I own. Since winter time, it is in synchrony to the second with the atomic-clock.
    The buttons are very easy to press, the alarm is the loudest I have heard on a casio watch and of course it sits comfortable on the wrist and is looking good, too.
    After the GL-7000rf this is my second favorite watch which I wear daily. This is the worker, the gl7000rf is more a fine watch.

Enjoy some pics.

Greetings
    Alex

Re: my review of the gulfman dw-9700

thansk for the review and thanks for taking the time out to do the review

Thanks for the review on this vintage Gulfman.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Great review, and it sounds an impressive watch. I like the moon and tide display better than on my G9100, as the 'frame' makes them hard to see from an angle.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

A classic if there ever was one... I own SOLAR version and I was trying to see similarities and differences... well didn't found too many similarities other than a name...

Still I love your original version. Wear it in good health mate!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by duke4c View Post
    A classic if there ever was one... I own SOLAR version and I was trying to see similarities and differences... well didn't found too many similarities other than a name...

Still I love your original version. Wear it in good health mate!
    Yes, there are not much similarities, but the new one looks really good.
    A real eye catcher. Would not wonder, if i buy it one day. *g*

But because i like the old one so much, i have bought a second one that i will store in my watch cabinet, so I didn'nt have to care too much if the daily beater get's dirty or something....

Greetings
    Alex

Thread Information