my Riseman strap is too tight or too loose.

Thread: my Riseman strap is too tight or too loose.

my Riseman strap is too tight or too loose.

After one week of use my new Riseman strap ended it's break in period.
    The point is that it is now a bit too tight or very loose.
    It all comes down to weather conditions : when it's sort of hot and humid,I prefer to have it on the loose side as my wrist is obviously swollen and the watch stays in place no matter what.
    Different story when the temp goes down at night and I have to tight the strap a bit to avoid having the watch going up and down my wrist. But as soon as I step into warmer enviroments here we go again...

Any suggestion ?? Should I try boiling the strap or something ?? Man,my Mudman strap is light years ahead over this one...

Re: my Riseman strap is too tight or too loose.

That's the way it is with watch straps.* Many of mine get worn in one of two holes depending on the temperature, and even the time of day (wrists tend to swell later in the day). Occasionally you get a strap that accommodates all conditions, but that's just a stroke of luck.

* Or rather, that's the way it is with wrists.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    that's the way it is with watch straps.* many of mine get worn in one of two holes depending on the temperature, and even the time of day (wrists tend to swell later in the day). Occasionally you get a strap that accommodates all conditions, but that's just a stroke of luck.

* or rather, that's the way it is with wrists.
    +1

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yeah that's how it goes. In the mornings I find myself wearing them looser than in the afternoons for some reason. It's better than some of my metal watches where if it is a bit tight that day from a combination of weather and body conditions, there is nothing I can do about it.

I'm a bit mystified as to how the Mudman copes better than the Riseman with the natural expansion/contraction of your wrist?

Many years back I switched from SS bracelets to leather straps on high-end mechanicals due to the fact that my wrist was forever changing size; this either caused a heavy chunk of steel to flop onto my wrist or my wrist to be encircled by a vice-like band. Both very uncomfortable.

Straps with holes offer a better real world solution for rapidly changing conditions although Breitling now have a very fast operating micro-adjuster on some of their SS bands.
    Current watches:

Casio GW-2000B
    Casio G-7710
    Rolex Explorer

Thread Information