My second try with G
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: My second try with G

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My second try with G

Hi guys, though I mostly hang out over at f71 and f74 I thought to post and ask about your experience here.. I recently had desire to go digital again and browsed through some G's to add one to my collection. I had 5600BB before but it felt too small and negative display was kinda hard to read at a glance.
    This time I went with gdf-100-1aer. So my question to any previous/current owners would be how do you like it? Are sensors useless or usable? I've read mixed reviews. Is there a way to achieve better calibration? No wrist shots as I've only just ordered it via amazon but here is a stock picture of the model:

Thanks!
    Last edited by jopex; November 15th, 2013 at 15:39.
    Cheers,
    Josip

Re: My second try with G

I think they are great G-Shock.

The sensor is not useless but you have to beware on how to use them. I found the altermeter/barometer is more accurate with constant temp. Like either wearing it on the wrist while you do the measurement for hiking. And the thermometer needs to be off the wrist for at least 20 min to get accurate air temp measurement.

The LED illumination is really nice and bright, cool to look at.
    nigelw likes this.
    1 3 5
    ├┼┼╕
    2 4 6 R

Thanks for the info. I just talked to a buddy of mine who had two of them and he told me they are pretty accurate within the limits of course. It's not that I need them but having something to fiddle with is always nice. I just like the overall look with that red accents and nice n' clean display. Hopefully it will be a good companion for casual and sports activities. :) My second choice was ga110-1a but was worried about silver hands on silver screen. Would love to see it in person though..
    Cheers,
    Josip

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jopex View Post
    Thanks for the info. I just talked to a buddy of mine who had two of them and he told me they are pretty accurate within the limits of course. It's not that I need them but having something to fiddle with is always nice. I just like the overall look with that red accents and nice n' clean display. Hopefully it will be a good companion for casual and sports activities. :) My second choice was ga110-1a but was worried about silver hands on silver screen. Would love to see it in person though..

GA-110s are the worst G-Shocks when it comes to legibility/readability. Unless like a few of us, you love it solely for its aesthetics (colors, designs etc), you're better off with the GDF-100. =) I'm gonna pull the trigger on the GDF-100B soon. lol. I love the GDF-100BB but its price is skyhigh for now.
    My Current Beater:
    Casio G-Shock: GW-2310FB-1CR

-=[My Pelican 1495; Home for my Gs]=-

While waiting for the G to arrive I've done some thinking about painting the bezel letters just to amuse myself a bit while I wait. Here is a quick mockup in paint (don't laugh :P)
    Any opinions? Should I go for one of the variants? Also, does removing the bezel effect WR? Thanks!

Cheers,
    Josip

Removing the bezel does not affect WR as it's only an outer shell for extra shock protection.

Cheers, Sedi
    nigelw likes this.

I would leave the lettering as is, I think the grey looks nice. Or maybe all black letters, also looks good

As Sedi said, bezel is just a shell on the case for protection, it doesn't affect WR. Buttons and caseback have o-rings. You remove bezel by unscrewing 4 screws on the side of the watch, very simple.
    Last edited by Crater; November 18th, 2013 at 11:54.

That's good to know, all my watches go underwater with me so I would not do it if WR was compromised. I've seen some youtube videos about bezel removal and it looks simple enough.
    I will wear it first for a while before deciding on doing anything to it. Thanks!
    Cheers,
    Josip

Got the watch and I like it. Barometer is dead on after calibration. Temperature sensor is ok when not on wrist. Still didn't test the altimeter. Display is great and super easy to read and case size is perfect for me. Still waiting for additional bezel to play with it.
    Crater and Ottovonn like this.
    Cheers,
    Josip

One more pic with white paint removed. I used acetone free nail polish remover.

Is there a way to remove polish remover smell from resin?
    Last edited by jopex; November 23rd, 2013 at 19:48.
    nigelw likes this.
    Cheers,
    Josip

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information