My Take On The G-Shock Band Adapter!

Thread: My Take On The G-Shock Band Adapter!

My Take On The G-Shock Band Adapter!

I received a yellow DW003 awhile back for super cheap and really like it. Even though I like the thick yellow resin band it came with, I started thinking about getting a G-Shock Zulu band adapter. After I added up what the adapter would cost, ($12.00 + shipping), and the Zulu, ($16.00 + shipping), I thought there must be a cheaper way with some band I already had.

First off, I couldn't believe how easy it is to change the band, (at least on my DW003), on a G-Shock. Remove the four screws to remove the head protectors and using a heavy duty sewing needle, (a trick I learned a long time ago), to remove the spring bars.

I went through some old bands I had and decided to use a "kevlar like" band with deployment buckle that I received in a trade a long time ago for practically nothing. Just trimmed out the material on each end with a razor, (carefully used a Bic lighter to touch up the job), and put everything back together. Simple as hell and now I think the watch looks better, feels and fits better and is so simple to put on or take off. I love the "new" look and since I recived this DW003 in almost mint condition, the stock yellow resin band gets saved for use later. Sorry for the lousy scans but it's all I can do but gives you an idea what it looks like.

Re: My Take On The G-Shock Band Adapter!

Here's a shot of the side to show how the deployment band works. Again, I really like how it turned out!

Re: My Take On The G-Shock Band Adapter!

Hello Gene:

Very nice setup. I especially like the deployment clasp.
    Best regards,

Mike Hogan
    [email protected]

"Go ahead laddie. Buy the watch."

Thread Information