my unpacking thread

Thread: my unpacking thread

Picture my unpacking thread

After nearly two weeks the delivery man brought this baby. It cleared german customs within minutes and without additional fees. Lucky me. Possible reason: the seller slightly understated the value.

No tin box but ...

... a watch stand. You probably already recognize the model.

The DW-56RT. With referee ad!

The referee timer was on my wish list for months but I didn't find it on a german or even european shop so I had to import one from the good ol' US.

Obligatory wrist shot:

First impressions
    I like the alternative layout and the larger font on this square-G. The stopwatch is a huge PITA and nearly useless but the two countdown timers (one with preset start times and one with 9! programmable intervals) compensate the flaw. Another letdown: only one alarm. This is not a major fault in my opinion but others might want more than one alarm and snooze function.
    Last edited by maestro26316; August 12th, 2010 at 14:59.

Re: my unpacking thread

congrats on your purchase. This model is on my wish list also

I like the color scheme of this model.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Congrats, nice unpacking post.

Congratulations! I really like the y/b contrast & the very crisp legible dial
    V/R Kevin

Banned

Value must not be over 40 Euro. I asked the last time I spent more than two hours at the customs office in Berlin. :( Giant waste of time.

Even if you send a private gift to someone in Germany it is taxable as long as the value exceeds 40 Euros. I asked specifically for that. So if I were to send a nice book (new) to my mother for her birthday, the book might get held up by customs and she'd have to go to the office which is at the outer edge of Berlin and wait two hours for her book to clear and pay taxes on her present. The same thing happened to us with knives we sent to France, except that there the wait was non-existent as the postal service took care of the clearance but the fees and taxes were as high as the cost of the knives, $150.

Congrats on the watch, though!

Till

Thanks for the pic and the thrill of the unpackaging. I totally crush on this model and always have. I love how the 'Casio / Illuminator' is set to the left of the 'Shock Resist' badge on the top of the dial. And the 'start / stop' with label is just too cool.
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

Thread Information